Magicshine MJ808

Grebel

Hi Guys

checked out the mj808E on dealextreme ,Its a really good price do you know what sort of import duties / transport costs you would pay if you bought from them?

Cheers

Hey Strider,

Not sure how the duties work to be honest... I have received approximately 10 or so orders from Deal Extreme and have paid duties once... The MJ808 that I recently received, there were no duties or vat. Paid with my Paypal account and it was deliverred. They don't charge delivery. The price you see is the price you pay. Your Paypal transaction will tell you what the exchange rate is at the time. I wouldn't hesitate buying from them if you aren't phased about the warranty. You are going to save a shed load of money!!

Hey Strider,

Not sure how the duties work to be honest... I have received approximately 10 or so orders from Deal Extreme and have paid duties once... The MJ808 that I recently received, there were no duties or vat. Paid with my Paypal account and it was deliverred. They don't charge delivery. The price you see is the price you pay. Your Paypal transaction will tell you what the exchange rate is at the time. I wouldn't hesitate buying from them if you aren't phased about the warranty. You are going to save a shed load of money!!

Hey Grebel

Thanks for the reply!

yeah lights are pretty expensive this side , so thinking it may be worth the risk of getting one from overseas. im looking at that mj808e looks pretty good . Figure if i spend money on a light it may force me to do some early morning training :)

Cheers

The 808E is very nice, a mate of mine has one. Very strong. For road riding, there is no reason to ride it on high, low beam is enough.

The 808E is very nice, a mate of mine has one. Very strong. For road riding, there is no reason to ride it on high, low beam is enough.

+1 - I have even had cars dim from brights thinking that I was an oncoming motorised vehicle :lol:

When I hit the last few km's home I put it on strobe mode. The road signs for almost a KM light up like christmas trees. Cars coming from behind get a huge wakeup call.

Hi Guys

checked out the mj808E on dealextreme ,Its a really good price do you know what sort of import duties / transport costs you would pay if you bought from them?

Cheers

Or you can just buy locally - from Hubbers. Two people on this site that I know who sells them: Edge Design and Hannes Zietsman. Send them a PM for pricing. I bought mine from Edge Design and it was quick & easy.

I received mine yesterday and although I'm pleased with it I feel the velcro holding the battery pack in place should have a better design as the velcro is going to scratch the carbon after a while, and the stem is too short to attach it to. Going to have to use a piece of leather over the carbon prior to wrapping the velcro around.

I received mine yesterday and although I'm pleased with it I feel the velcro holding the battery pack in place should have a better design as the velcro is going to scratch the carbon after a while, and the stem is too short to attach it to. Going to have to use a piece of leather over the carbon prior to wrapping the velcro around.

Hi,

I have attached mine to the handle bars instead of the stem as I had the same problem. My stem was too short and if I attached it to the frame just behind the neck, it tended to touch my knees and it was irritating. My battery pack now wraps around the bars (Perpendicular to the stem) now just the cable ia a bit long so I have to wrap it around a few times. Having said that, I have aluminium bars and stem. What about using an old tube to protect the bars...?

Edited by Grebel

I just received my MJ808 yesterday and I was like a little kid when I fetched it fron my local post office. I couldn't wait to get home to open it up and have a look. Once I had it in my hand I couldn't wait for it to get dark so I could see how bright it was!

I had read reviews about this light being super bright so I wanted to see for myself. It eventually got dark enough to test it out. I went outside and swithed off all the outside lights. Plugged the light into the battery cord and pushed the switch...

Well, that light is BRIGHT!!!!! It lit up my driveway better than the lights on my car! I went to the front garden adn tried it there as well. Lets just say I am well impressed!

I haven't used it on the road or on a night MTB ride yet but judging from the beam's light spread I am sure it has just opened up a whole new level of fun in the form of night MTB rides and early morning road rides!

The light itself seems well made. I am using the black o-ring mount at the moment and it seems pretty solid. The battery looks pretty water resistant too.

I chose to go the direct import route as opposed to the local purchase route. Landed, it worked out to about R580. (I have probably spent the equivalent of double that trying to build my own lights with varying results. It is fun doing DIY lights but at this price, it isn't worth it.) If you are a DIY type of guy this could be the way to go. I bought mine from DX. There are spare batteries and LED's available from the site too at reasonable prices. If anything goes wrong I am sure you can fix it yourself. I suppose only time will tell though. At that price I am prepared to take my chances!!

Regardless of who you buy from though, I can highly reccomend this light from a bang for your buck point of view. They said it was bright and it is!!

PM me. We are going to start doing night rides from Oscar's in Hillcrest, downinto Giba, then out again. About 20km night ride. Great Fun!

I used my MJ808e at Kyalami the other night, the 3 people with me didn't have lights and they didn't need them, mine lit up the whole track :thumbup:

I used my MJ808e at Kyalami the other night, the 3 people with me didn't have lights and they didn't need them, mine lit up the whole track :thumbup:

Haha! My morning riding buddy said to me the other morning that after I turned off to head home, he felt very vulnerable. I asked him why and he replied that after I turned off, he realised that things had suddenly gone very dark! His little cateye flashing torch thing just didn't cut it!! :lol: