All mountain Steel Hard-tail

MtbDude

I almost bought a Cotic soul frame for a trail bike project, to keep me busy during my injury.

In the end I decided to build up an Intense 5.5

As far as long travel hardtails go, the cotic is one of the best. Well worth the money.

The handling on a long travel hartail is quite different, but a lot of fun. As you go down a drop your effective head angle gets steeper as your fork strokes through it's travel so you have to handle the bike different than a full suspension.

I think that a long travel hardtail is the perfect bike to use at a place like MTN cycle park.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How's the geometry and handling with that long Revelation on? Not too sluggish?

It may look oversized but it still drives like a hardtail with more travel on the front , for when you need it !

New All mountain steel Hard-tail build up for a customer !

Cool bike dude. How does it handle rough terrain like rock gardens, roots, rutted stuff etc. I've got an Intense Tracer full susser (6 inch travel front and back) which just floats over the rough stuff. Just wondering what this hardtail would feel like in comparison to something like the Intense?

Still like a bucking bronco at the back, I would assume...

not comparable to a 6" FS I reckon, purely down to how the back doesn't absorb the bumps...

AWESOME bike, though...

not comparable to a 6" FS I reckon, purely down to how the back doesn't absorb the bumps...

AWESOME bike, though...

Dude.

If you didn't learn to ride a bucking bronco before riding a soft tailed pony (regardless of wheel size), then you gonna be one of those dudes holding us up on the tech single track.

Passing RIGHT....!

Awesome little beast to make you mighty this. I must leave this page now, twas in my Dreams last night. :drool:

AWESOME bike, though...

Agreed. I think long travel full sussers actually make you a worst rider, because they're just so forgiving when you make errors. Pick a wrong line on a hard tail and you'll know about it. But having said that, the full susser will always be quicker than the hardtail over really rough terrain. And the quicker you go the more fun it is!

You are looking at R20000

NOT bloody bad!

Are you frame agent or distributor, and if so what price M, and does it come with headset?

And is this the B Fe?

Edited by The Drongo

Agreed. I think long travel full sussers actually make you a worst rider, because they're just so forgiving when you make errors. Pick a wrong line on a hard tail and you'll know about it. But having said that, the full susser will always be quicker than the hardtail over really rough terrain. And the quicker you go the more fun it is!

You reckon ??!! :D Being that the BFe is a Dirt Jump, 4x and DH AniMaaal!

post-20304-0-42905400-1304153945.jpg

Edited by The Drongo

NOT bloody bad!

Are you frame agent or distributor, and if so what price M, and does it come with headset?

And is this the B Fe?

We are the Agent in SA ! It is a Bfe you see yes an a Medium will go for R3500 witout a headset !

The Famous Photo :clap:

Yep.

Scrolls by every now and then on the screen. :D

That is a good price!

Where u guys situated?

Is the frame in the build a Large?

Do you bring in Nuke as well or did this one come in specifically?

:D

You reckon ??!! :D Being that the BFe is a Dirt Jump, 4x and DH AniMaaal!

Hie hie... bring the hardtail brother. Wanna see how it's gonna be quicker than the Intense Tracer over the rock gardens in Jonkershoek. :D

We are the Agent in SA ! It is a Bfe you see yes an a Medium will go for R3500 witout a headset !

Sorry Its R3990 With Vat incl

:D

Hie hie... bring the hardtail brother. Wanna see how it's gonna be quicker than the Intense Tracer over the rock gardens in Jonkershoek. :D

Ok.. You mean like this .... :P :lol: :D :)

post-20304-0-71034700-1304155259.jpg

post-20304-0-38804300-1304155291.jpg

Sorry Its R3990 With Vat incl

Shot.

Have been looking (waiting) for Soul ( or On One ) to be finished.

Patience.... :D