Durbanville Mtb Night Rides

Wannabe

popeye, sal jy dan belangstel in 'n nagrit of nie?

What is the feeling of the other interested parties, shall we give today a skip (weather issues) and plan properly for Thursday evening?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys, why not go out durbanville past shooting range, to phillidelphia turn off, take the turn off and first gravel road on the left you take again. then you come out on the road leading past d' urbanvale. Then you turn left in that road and do about mmmmm 10km next to tar again. And then just before diemersdal you turn left again in spes bona, and come out just after the shooting range again. ande then head back home. thats about 50km

I try to avoid the road past the shooting range up to the silo's, Klipheuwel Rd, simply because it is extremely boring. I use Adderley, the one from the traffic circle at Durbanville High School, after about 500m there is a wide road reserve on the left where you can cycle "off road", all the way to Spes Bona. From Spes Bona to the Malanshoogte turnoff one has to use the tar, but just north of Malanshoogte rd there is gravel next to the road where you can cycle on right up to the Philadelphia rd, where you can turn right, also travel on the gravel on the side of the road to the Ocultdale Rd. If you turn right there, it is gravel right back to Adderley. You can then incorporate Spes Bona or carry straight on past Spes Bona and use the "single track" on the side of Adderley until you reach D'urbanvale.

And Wannabe, I see you want to pull out because of the inclement weather, may I remind you of Rule V :))

Check out

http://www.velominati.com/blog/the-rules/

Mr Legs. I know rule V, Headhunter so often reminds us of it. :D .

Thing is, I cycle for the fun of it, I enjoy it and it keeps me healthy. And therein lays the problem. Cycling in the dark on wet and muddy gravel roads is not conducive to my health. But hey, you are free to ride if you so feel. :lol: :D

:P

Just checked on the weather forecast, rain is predicted for the late afternoon, early evening.

Mr Legs. I know rule V, Headhunter so often reminds us of it. :D .

Thing is, I cycle for the fun of it, I enjoy it and it keeps me healthy. And therein lays the problem. Cycling in the dark on wet and muddy gravel roads is not conducive to my health. But hey, you are free to ride if you so feel. :lol: :D

:P

Just checked on the weather forecast, rain is predicted for the late afternoon, early evening.

Don't take the reference to the V too seriously,

BUT my weather station says no rain tonight:

http://www.windfinder.com/forecast/rondebossie

Rondebossie is that hill just north of Spes Bona Rd, behind Loch Lynne Farm and opposite the dairy farm.

All good. Looks like you are adamant that we must do this ride tonite. Are you going to be our official guide? What time and where do we meet? How long do you reckon the ride will be? (not flat out racing, not crawling, but at a fair pace that suits everybody, after all it is about keeping the legs going)

wannebe, na my laaste probeerslag om die rides gestart te kry, het ek maar besluit om weer in werk toe te commute.

Ek ry nou dins, woens en donderdae in werk toe en terug

Ek kry nou ook gereeld ouens wat inkom van durbanville en eversdal area, ons moet nog net besluit om saam iewers te begin.

So by the way, se vir Juluis Malema hy moet ophou kla oor die rykmense se fietsry baan... Dis eintlik 'n voetgangers baan., Jy sukkel maar om te ry deur die toon klappers.

Hi,

Ek werk in stad - en bly in DVille - hoe loop die roete van daar? Waar sluit jy aan by die fietsrybaan??

All good. Looks like you are adamant that we must do this ride tonite. Are you going to be our official guide? What time and where do we meet? How long do you reckon the ride will be? (not flat out racing, not crawling, but at a fair pace that suits everybody, after all it is about keeping the legs going)

I'll be at the traffic circle at Durbanville High at 18:00, if I am on my own no problem. I suggest we then ride out via Adderley, take the Occultdale Rd,then left at the Philadelphia rd, then left in Adderley and back then we can take a left into Spes Bona and then back to D'ville. If the majority wants to do another route then we take that route. Very democratic. Only 2 rules : abide by the traffic rules and don't leave any one behind.

sorry guys will try next week again , to get of work at 5 and 6 in durbanville did not work out . :thumbdown:

Ai I had a deadline with work for tomorrow (just finished) I would have joined otherwise

Three warriors, myself, Wannabe and Andydude took to the roads last night. Went out via Adderley (slight headwind) to Philadelphia rd, then right into Occultdale( also into a little wind) and back via Adderley. Ave speed about 22, distance from my house (in Eversdal) was just more than 50k's.

Will ride again next Tuesday, not necessarily the same route, but about 2 hours.

Please post updates on your planned rides here. I am very keen to join you guys, but working in Stellenbosch means I never know whether I'll be able to make it or not. But I'll always try!

See you guys sooner or later!

Archived