Two Niners making love!

nathrix

That Langster in the window is really cool, love the 'sayings' all over the bike ....

Dangle, mmmmm doubt he'll be back - he had a lot of knowledge to offer ......

You took the words right out of my mouth. I think Dangle just got tired of some people who spend allot of time on google and then make themselves to be experts.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry??

Did I see Big H, 29er's and Dangle all mentioned in the same thread?

What is this, a conspiracy?

Yip, Dangle & Eccentric1 Big H are doing the Sani2C on a tandem 29er together :)

Yip, Dangle & Eccentric1 Big H are doing the Sani2C on a tandem 29er together :)

WELL DONE.

Give those Men a Bells! (each)

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Whats going on with the handle bars, are they like riser bars but facing the wrong/ right way?

You took the words right out of my mouth. I think Dangle just got tired of some people who spend allot of time on google and then make themselves to be experts.

Have to agree with you on that one.

There are many arm-chair-engineers on the hub. It is very irritating when people try to "school" you on stuff they read 5 minutes ago wikipedia, while there are people(like Dangle) who have practical experience on the subject.

This is also the reason why many knowledgable people do not bother to post in tech Q&A because they know some smart-ass will shoot them down.

rigid SS 29ers are only 1 step away from being hipster-fixies...

http://www.thevine.com.au/resources/imgdetail/081008092500_velonyc-detail.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_g1irfT0WVKY/TUtAF2ALvNI/AAAAAAAAACc/cp--1VA3M1k/s1600/fixie-bike.jpg

what is a hipster... well, a hipster would be likely to say: "you probably haven't heard of it"...

http://www.faston2wheels.com/f2/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/messenger.jpg

Non of those r mine.

Mine's "the prettiest girl on the hub" :P

You may park yours next to ours anytime, but I take no responsibility what so ever if any little ones are made :blush:

http://www.thevine.com.au/resources/imgdetail/081008092500_velonyc-detail.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_g1irfT0WVKY/TUtAF2ALvNI/AAAAAAAAACc/cp--1VA3M1k/s1600/fixie-bike.jpg

Your pics are not of "real" twenty naai-ners in the true sense of the new fashion fad. Where are the "new technology" full suspension, front forks, wheels (verrrry important) disk brakes or is it disk breaks?

The bikes depicted are more 700C bikes but then is it powtayhto or powhtatho?, if I may ask.

Edited by eccentric1

Your pics are not of "real" twenty naai-ners in the true sense of the new fashion fad. Where are the "new technology" full suspension, front forks, wheels (verrrry important) disk brakes or is it disk breaks?

The bikes depicted are more 700C bikes but then is it powtayhto or powhtatho?, if I may ask.

Oom is net jealous want dis nie twenty naai-ner tantrums nie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I reckon one of those Hipsters will last about 250m of the courses we do on our SS rigid uber cool large wheeled mtbs :D

I reckon everyone should try a SS before they die. It's the best way to find the fun again - I giggled like a 5 year old on a sugar rush the first time I rode mine.

This morning again - cruising to work past miff people fuming in their cars alternating between pedalling like a trackie and Jan Ullrich is just silly fun.

Try it - you'll like it!

Dunno which ones yours, but that gold thing with the green rims made me puke, and the gunmetal grey with what look like home sprayed white rims made it slightly worse.

These are actually very unique bikes and wheels. Both frames have a beautiful metallic shine to it when you view it in person as the photos do not do it any justice. The "Solid Gold" MCR Niner steel frame wifffff green Loaded Precision AmXC All Mountain 29er hoops laced wiffffff DT Swiss Revolution Spokes and red Hope II Hubs. The "Moondust Grey" MCR Steel Niner wifffff white American Classic hoops laced wiffff DT Swiss double butted Competition spokes wifffff DT Swiss 240s hubs. The wheels were hand build by Summit Cycles in Midrand.

Both single and rigid and 29 inches? I like the Loaded rims. I also ride them.

You are correct Sir. Someone with knowledge and good taste ;)

Edited by nathrix™ ® ©

Please can someone explain whats going on with the handlebars, and what bars are they?