SRAM X9 derailers with gripshift

Monark

Hi

I am looking at upgrading my new bikes shifters and derailers to a full X9 setup (going from Alivio and Deore).

Please can the owners of X9 gripshifters and derailers please post some reviews.

My other option is Shimano SLX

got my x9 more than a year ago, never touched them ever since. must admit x0 are beter, try to get the x0 shifters atleast, they go for R630 at CWC.

i assume you have 9speeds 'cause of the gripshifts, why not go fullout to 10speed? even if you have to wait a while. Full groupsets R5500 for SLX and R6999 for x9. I don't know how good the support for higher end 9speed parts are going to be in the near future

So is X9 "better" (or an improvement on) Shimano SLX?

I cannot quote on SLX but I went from XT to X9 and have never been happier, just fit and forget. X9 to win the local elections!!

I ride with X9 grip shift and X9 rear derailer and I am very happy with it. Get a decent cable and then set and forget.

I have had to replace my rear derailer only due to wacking it with a rock in a stage race. It bent the cage on day one. I hand straightened it and then I could happily carry on riding. The derailer probably did not need replacement but I replaced it to rather be on the safe side.

I think X9 is the same spec as XT

So X9 is closer to XT than SLX?

If I recall the direct comparison was something like this:

X0 - XTR

X9 - XT

X7 - SLX

It is not much more for the X0 gripshift so go for those. The X9 is great so go for those with jagwire cables. You will notice a huge difference from your current set up.

Thanks a mil chaps.

Have decided on the X0 gripshifts, X9 Fd and Rd.

Is the cable upgrade really necessary?

Thanks a mil chaps.

Have decided on the X0 gripshifts, X9 Fd and Rd.

Is the cable upgrade really necessary?

It is not necessary, however the cost difference is not huge and does make a big difference. I would do it, but it is not a have too.

i use to ride with xt then i went to x-9 gripshift,well i'll never missed my xt!