Photo/Photographer thread.

Wyatt Earp

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mrs. Dangle is somewhere in those fashion show pics.

WHAT, this is Mrs Dangle? :o I think she needs to be treated to a spa day :)

post-4257-0-34465500-1307627225.jpg

450d with a 24-105

Dunno why but I like it, seems "arty" :D

Its cos you've used a lot of "pro" composition tips in the pic. I.e. nice focal point for the eyes (the glass), good strong diagonal lines and a blurred background so as not to detract from the focus. I can go on and on...

Photo's are both art and science at the same time. And a lot of that science is psychology, i.e. what looks better to the average human. And then strange things start to emerge. I.e. for this pic with a glass, one glass is great. A pair of them will not look as good, a group of three looks great again. The eye is more attracted / pleased with odd numbers - why I don't know.

Rule of thirds.

so 3 inches does make a difference (to the eye) ?

oh wait wait .. this is photo's not bicycles

Rule of thirds.

At first I thought no, its unrelated to the rule of thirds, then maybe, on second or third thoughts, it is a Toyota Corrollary of the rule.

Chris, do you track the rider and shoot off a few frames, or do you keep the camera still and let the rider come into the frame taking a few shots ?

Chris, do you track the rider and shoot off a few frames, or do you keep the camera still and let the rider come into the frame taking a few shots ?

Looks like he was panning with the blured back ground.

Looks like he was panning with the blured back ground.

Correct gummibear, I was panning. Shot using flash for fill in light. I was hell of a lucky with the sun coming through her hair like that.

Gummi, in looking at the pic, the front wheel is in focus, but the back has the blur ... is that merely a function of the distance to the lens .... or a camera setting?

WHAT, this is Mrs Dangle? :o I think she needs to be treated to a spa day :)

That's my ex :lol: :lol:

Ja rule of thirds, sadly it doesn't always apply.

Nice pic weenie, some colour saturation will make it really pop. Unless on your screen it looks fine, that is the other half of the problem, none of our screens are calibrated the same.

Not like this though :lol: :lol:

Coffee anyone ?

Taken with SonyNEX3.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3012/5815517196_3d5b58e54b_z.jpg

Coffee by OddPix1, on Flickr

Gummi, in looking at the pic, the front wheel is in focus, but the back has the blur ... is that merely a function of the distance to the lens .... or a camera setting?

If one can pan and keep everything in perfect focus, then walk away smiling and never stop ;)

Hey D, just trying to figure out why one wheel would be "frozen" and the other not. I would have thought that both wheels would be in motion ..... not to hijack.