Photo/Photographer thread.

Wyatt Earp

Love that top one, Dangle! Something I still want to start playing with, these night-time shots. Presume it'll take a heck of a lot of experimentation... :unsure: Thanks goodness for the digital era, that we're not on film any more!

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks SeaBee

No need to experiment, just need to make sure that you read the light from a few points and have a stable tripod.

I stuffed up with these last night, I didn't look properly in y bag for my remote trigger switch, so I had to press the shutter by hand using the 10 second delay on the camera.

By Stefano Pesarelli

http://images.nationalgeographic.com/wpf/media-live/photos/000/458/custom/hunt-prey-capture_45836_990x410.jpg

I stuffed up with these last night, I didn't look properly in y bag for my remote trigger switch, so I had to press the shutter by hand using the 10 second delay on the camera.

I always use the 10 second timer don't have a remote switch yet.

What tripod are you using?

I always use the 10 second timer don't have a remote switch yet.

What tripod are you using?

Hi Gummi, the Vangaurd Alta Pro (super value for money)

Problem with the 10 second timer, often I don't think it leaves enough time for all to settle down, the Hahnel remote timer are super value as well.

Thanks,i have had a look at the Alta Pro 263 alu and it is good value.What head are you using ?i am going with the Manfroto 804

Thanks,i have had a look at the Alta Pro 263 alu and it is good value.What head are you using ?i am going with the Manfroto 804

I have the heavyweight Vangaurd ball head, but as soon as I get some money together I will get the Manfrotto you are looking at, the tripod is awesome, the ball head is good with lighter lenses but not with my 70-200 f2.8.

My heavy lens is the Sigma 120-400 and the Manfroto handles it with no problems.

This one was taken on Friday night.

394030_10150538221798901_19748343900_8805305_1797617149_n.jpg

@ Dangle and Gummi, those night shots are very cool. I like the bridge night shot. :thumbup: What was your exposure time?

@ Dangle and Gummi, those night shots are very cool. I like the bridge night shot. :thumbup: What was your exposure time?

I find that F11 gives me best flare of the lights.So all my night shots are F11.