SWIFT R838 review?

nero123

Hi Guys,

Has anyone bought a SWIFT R838 isp and what's your impressions?

What else is there in that price cat that you would suggest (same weight, style etc.)?

Nero

post-2936-0-92755600-1306482026.jpg

Lol the spec has changed a little but in SRAM red and Zipp Bars and my Token saddle, with Zipp 303's that bike weighs just 6.5kg. with pedals and cages and computer - race ready.

It's a stiff bike, it has a semi aero downtube and is very stable in sprinting and in descending mountains. I love the 1&1/8th to 1&1/5th headset and large tubing. the BB shell area is also stiff and can be.

Paintwork and detail is good and has lasted very well, no nicks or chips or blemishes and it's been ridden hard. This is my first ISP bike and I really like the integrated system, good looks and stiff too.

Overall it's very good value for money, plus the guys backing them up are real cyclists and care about their product.

:thumbup:

WOW That's a stunning bike and someone who owns that must be a supercool awesome oke!!

Hmm it's nice but wouldn't the new S-Works Venge be a better option? :P

Eish, the venge will be close to 40 000 so that's a bit out of my price range...

How does it compare to other bikes yove ridden Tarmac?

I have been spoilt riding so many SL3's but this one has been pretty damn good. It ha a different steering characteristic to the tarmac, not as immediate to turn, but otherwise it' stiff and responsive as you would want. it also doesnt feel as harsh of a ride as the BH G4. Even though it's ISP it doesnt hammer my back like the BH did. So it's nice and compliant.