[Event] ROBERTSON WINERY Wacky Wine Weekend MTB

liezel

Event Name: ROBERTSON WINERY Wacky Wine Weekend MTB
When: 4 June 2011
Where: Paru Farm, Robertson, Western Cape
Category: MTB

DATE: Saturday 4 June 2011

ORGANISER: Robertson Winery

VENUE: Paru Farm, Robertson (10km out on McGregor Rd)

DISTANCES AND STARTING TIMES:

• 42km @ 08h30

• 29km @ 08h50

• 12km @ 09h10

PRIZE GIVING/CUT OFF: 12h00

PRE-ENTRIES CLOSE: 3 June 2011

ONLINE ENTRIES: www.pedalpower.org.za

ENQUIRIES: Barry Kok on 082 558 0101 or Email: barry@robertsonwine.co.za

Annalize Cooper on 072 596 3976 or 021 883 8043 or Email:

annalize@robertsonwine.co.za

ROUTE DESCRIPTION: The 42km and 29km route riders can look forward to a scenic ride through the vineyards and over undulating hills in the Robertson Valley. The 42km route is a rewarding route for fit riders, as this route includes challenging and technical climbs and descents. Only experienced riders should attempt the long route (see 42km race profile on reverse). The 29km route, on the other hand, is a pleasant meander through vineyards and over mild hills and is not as technical as the 42km route. Expect a combination of jeep and single track sections on both. The 12km short route consists only of jeep tracks and is suitable for children and novices.

NOTES: This funride forms part of the Wacky Wine Weekend Festival in Robertson. Each participant older than 18 will receive a bottle of Robertson wine or grape juice. Participants younger than 18 will receive a bottle of Robertson grape juice. All children u/10 must be accompanied by an adult.

Go to Event Page

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so lets see who is in for this one.

is there anyone that did this before. The 40 how tecnical is it? (TRU CAPE)

Wacky wine is a nice race, if it does not rain...

Did the race in 2008 and had to replace everything after the "clay" ride. Some serious climbs, but if it is wet, be prepared to walk a lot!

It's not overly technical (the 40 km), apart from one 10-12 m drop which is not that bad, but very exhilarating. Also 1 sharp corner on a steep downhill, but lots of warnings beforehand and marshals stationed there.

The course is very demanding though, with lots of continuous ups and downs and you never feel there is a time to catch your breath. There is also free beer on top of a steep uphill, or at least there was the last time.

It's a very nice ride though and can't wait. The weather forecast looks good too.

Looking forward to doing the 40km think it will be tougher than the past weekends Hex Valley's 54km. Hope the rain stays away too. :)

we`ve been doing the 29km ride for the past 2years, its awesome! but this year we wont be able to go and set up camp there - if we leave at 6 we should be ok to get entry and still be intime for da race

We have great weather forecasted for the weekend - no rain from Thursday through to Sunday and very little wind - so we are in for a goodie, little mud and spectacular views!

Thanks for the positive comments. Just a reminder that we also have HOT SHOWERS for those travelling from afar, and who would like to freshen up and enjoy the Wacky Wine Weekend – so bring a towel to fluff up and wait for the informal prize giving. Should you be bringing friends and/or family (and family is really what this weekend is all about), we have soul foods, coffee/hot chocolate and muffins for the crispy morning, and then a cocktail bar with cooldrinks, beers and all the rest as it gets later. With our payoff line being 'Small Town, Big Heart', all proceeds do go to charitable organizations in our Valley, as well as to Sports Development SA (JAG). We will be handing out 50+ lucky draw prizes too! Let’s have a strong ride and a blast afterwards! See you there!!! Wine regards!

super amped for the 40km who is joining me?

I am going. Trying to improve on last weekend! :)