Poor service at Urban Cycles

ryans

Just speak to Greg - I would be very suprised if he doesn't sort you out quick quick. Cheers.

Or a small claims court summons... its free and always gets the desired reaction...

As a novice mountain biker I required advise from somebody experienced, I made the mistake of going to Urban Cycles off umgeni road, I was greeted by a friendly older man who 'sold me up' to a bike that was clearly too large for me, I took the bike and rode it once and discovered the problem immediately, I then attempted to return it, during that time I found anther more suitable bike from a private buyer, when I returned my bike I suggested I pay them a 15% 'handling' fee which they accepted, it’s been 3 months and that R3500 refund still hasn’t arrived,this is a terrible start to cycling, i love the trials but if you are new to cycling you never thing you will have to be careful of the people there to help you!

What do I need to do to get my money? they screen my calls and always promise to call me back!

HELP!!!!!

Dear Ryan, Just to confirm as per our cell phone conversation and email this morning about the miscommunication between Urban Cycles and yourself and we have agreed that we would refund you the money for your bike purchase, but just to clear up, I have had a chat to the manager of Urban Cycles and he has confirmed that the agreement between you and him was that the bike was to be sold on your behalf. When we sell a bike on behalf of the owner, we do take a 15 % commission, but should it of been a refund, we have no problem in doing that straignt away. Secondly Urban Cycles and Cyclesphere are two separate companies. I hope we can clear up this misunderstanding.Greg

The issue has been resolved and it turns out i should have spoken to the right guy in the first place, thanks everyone for the good and not so good comments(Chaining myslef to the door?!)

Now i can focus more on riding and less on debt collecting.

Thanks again Greg for the quick response.

Hey guys

I think we can consider the issue resolved.

I am going to close the thread.

drop the OP a PM if you have other questions.