Physical Training for DH

grb285

honestly, i hope you've got footage of this epic frog into an empty damn wallride hack! :P you've been injured alot of late guvnor. But i guess we all go thru 'that' patch. Heal up soon!

Yep, got the M9, and apparently it's had an Intense impact upon duane, whois now has started cheating on his Makulu. ... :P

Riding's been few and far between. Just trying to use the time to get fit, do more XC races where I can. Work is hell as well. I'm thinking i should move up to Giba gorge or something. Sounds like they have some interesting developments wrt the bike park and a very established race season. Very grateful for chaps like Chris Nixon who take the time and effort to arrange something, but now that the races have become somewat addictive, it sux not having them. Given that the western cape's main source of income is tourism, I'm very surprised that cycling didnt fall under the eco-tourism banner, with the aim of having more big cycling events here, not just the roadie crap (kidding my cousins :P ). But without a magnet like Greg Minnaar, the fools in administration here will need to have their palms greased before anything awesome happens.

But contermans at the moment are awesome in terms of what they are offering. Miles of XC track,and fantastic DH track. Maybe our DH serios should simply be based on a round robin series at tracks guaranteed to host events, instead of stop starting the season due to issues.i dunno..

honestly, i hope you've got footage of this epic frog into an empty damn wallride hack! :P you've been injured alot of late guvnor. But i guess we all go thru 'that' patch. Heal up soon!

Yep, got the M9, and apparently it's had an Intense impact upon duane, whois now has started cheating on his Makulu. ... :P

Riding's been few and far between. Just trying to use the time to get fit, do more XC races where I can. Work is hell as well. I'm thinking i should move up to Giba gorge or something. Sounds like they have some interesting developments wrt the bike park and a very established race season. Very grateful for chaps like Chris Nixon who take the time and effort to arrange something, but now that the races have become somewat addictive, it sux not having them. Given that the western cape's main source of income is tourism, I'm very surprised that cycling didnt fall under the eco-tourism banner, with the aim of having more big cycling events here, not just the roadie crap (kidding my cousins :P ). But without a magnet like Greg Minnaar, the fools in administration here will need to have their palms greased before anything awesome happens.

But contermans at the moment are awesome in terms of what they are offering. Miles of XC track,and fantastic DH track. Maybe our DH serios should simply be based on a round robin series at tracks guaranteed to host events, instead of stop starting the season due to issues.i dunno..

Thanx dude.

No footage of the frog drop trick. That was a flop!

2011 is the year of recovering...so my fitness and training is taking a huge slide.

That M9 sounds really inviting :)

Yeah I agree with you regarding the lack of tracks and racing in the Western Cape, starting to get really frustrating. Just ironic that the Cape has such a great window for the tourism industry but the biking is just not happening due to all the land access issues and other laws. So far DH racing in the Cape is not looking so good, but who knows. Hopefully the DH community will get together and figure something out.

Thank heavens for farms like Contermanskloof.

We have the Neethling brothers, they have Minnaar.

Giba is really awesome and the vibe is kool, everything close by for training.

Yeah man give Chris Nixon a huge hug...that man has been doing amazing things!

So during my off time I will be watching bike movies and focus on small things to keep my fitness level stable.

Keep on shredding!