PPA member ? Don't enter the MTB Burger yet ! $$

Lounge Lizard

PPA members who want early entry to the Burger MTB ?

- To make sure you get in before its full, or,

- you want a chance at the Early Entry Competition prize ?

Not so easy or cheap as you may think.

Here's the thing..

CSA requires all riders to have (Pay for) some sort of CSA license.

PPA members are (because its included as membership fee) also CSA members (for related events/ryders)

PPA members therefore do not have to pay the CSA race fees extra at events

PPA membership expires/is only renewable from 1 July 2011

So, if you as PPA member, and enter online now for the end of July Burger MTB, you are not given

the R20 PPA member discount and you have to pay an extra R 75 for a CSA license

Because you are not a member from 1July onwards yet ! ?

That R95 bucks discrimination against PPA members till 1 July

Go figure .....

Don't these idiots talk to each other !!!

Edited by Lounge Lizard

has anybody raised this with PPA or the event organisers? It's quite possible they're not aware of it.

I entered and i am a PPa member and i had to pay the extra R20 bucks cause teh system didnt aknowledge i was a member and then i had to pay the extra R35 CSA license on top of it. So i got screwed R55 for a simple admin screw up

Thanks Lounge Lizard. I'm new to the MTB scene and had the same problem. I thought I was the idiot for not understanding the PPA/CSA system. "Relieved" to see other people experiencing the same problem. Must say my first impressions of the organisation/admin of PPA not very good...

Im sure they are not aware of this! Them being aware of this makes them pro active and there is no chance in hell that happens.

@ lounge lizzard: Im sure these idiots dont talk to each other

Edited by Jaco-fiets

Im sure they are not aware of this! Them being aware of this makes them pro active and there is no chance in hell that happens.

@ lounge lizzard: Im sure these idiots dont talk to each other

They are aware of it....but not that they are doing anything about it. Like post something on their website! The stock answer is that membership renewal will be available in about a week's time, where about can mean anything.

This is highly frustrating and not sure why the event (or CSA) just does not except current PPA members. How many members are going to enter this race and not renew their membership?

They would probably just turn a blind eye. I reckon they will loose a few entries about this. Out of principle i will not enter the race unless the issue is resolved.

By the way, what will PPA membership fees be this year? I started cycling 4 years ago and back then it was R80

I'm pretty sure (but then, my memory is dodgy) this was not the case last year - also suspect it's an issue that they must simply be made aware of.

Replies:

BURGER ADMIN ....not our fault if PPA does not renew membership now.

PPA.....not our fault if organisers open events before our membership renewal is open

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !!!!!

Replies:

BURGER ADMIN ....not our fault if PPA does not renew membership now.

PPA.....not our fault if organisers open events before our membership renewal is open

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !!!!!

lol, so typical always someone elses fault..:(