Trying to find the correct XT wheels for my new Fuel Ex

Greggvdw

Hi all,

I recently purchased a '11 Trek Fuel Ex 9 and am trying to find an XT wheelset to fit. I got one with the correct 15mm front thru hub, but then realised that the rear axle is much thicker too!

Anyone know if there is an XT Wheelset to fit this? Baffled. Think I might just have to do the tubeless conversion on the wheelset it came with.

This is the bike spec... http://www.trekbikes.com/ca/en/bikes/mountain/singletrack_trail/fuel_ex/fuel_ex_9/#

Any ideas?

Thanks!

You need a 142x12mm rear hub according to the specs on the link you sent.

I dont think that is available in Shimano XT range of wheels yet.

It looks like will come out in thier new 2012 M780 range: Shimano Deore XT WH-M788 F12 & R12 Wheels

See Pinkbike.com

post-615-0-67982300-1308660108.jpg

post-615-0-49675400-1308660189.jpg

Edited by splat

Thanks for the useful info Splat :)

I think in the meantime I'll convert my wheels to tubeless and hang on for those wheels.

Greg I have done the tubeless conversion on the original wheel set on my ex 8 and they have been hundreds. Now on crossmarks but enjoyed the bontrager xdx on them as well.

Thank your lucky stars you couldn't find an XT wheelset to fit that bike.

The current XT hubs are... how shall I put it? Rubbish.

Shimano trashed a long legacy of excellent hubs by producing an inferiour hub by way of the current (oversize aluminium axle) hubs and wheels.

Water damage is prevalent with these hubs and nothing you do can prevent it because the fault is designed in.

FAAAAAAAARk Me thats an awesome bike, why would you want to change the wheels they look great to me.

I think im getting one of these ex9 for my next bike

FAAAAAAAARk Me thats an awesome bike, why would you want to change the wheels they look great to me.

LOL Thanks Stevief... yeah on second thoughts I'm just going to stick with the wheels I have. Yeah the Ex's are on special at Solomons. They have a few left.

I've had my ex8 for two years. Love it. The suspension system is awesome and climbs like a mamba. Just make sure you get right size.