Continental Mountain Kings 26 x 2.4 Supersonic

Moto-Moto

26 x 2.4 Supersonic. Can these tyres be run tubless? Could not get UST from LBS. They advised that could be run tubless, but have been battling most of the day. Any suggestions?

26 x 2.4 Supersonic. Can these tyres be run tubless? Could not get UST from LBS. They advised that could be run tubless, but have been battling most of the day. Any suggestions?

Probably,but I won't if usage in the front it would be better.I will rather get a UST tire!

what sealant are you using ? try a thin one like stans or Cafe Latex and use a brush to paint it onthe the sidewalls and leave to seal, they are quite porous so that should help

what sealant are you using ? try a thin one like stans or Cafe Latex and use a brush to paint it onthe the sidewalls and leave to seal, they are quite porous so that should help

Hi, using Stans. Will try again just now. Thanks

Try using a little Sunlight liquid that has been diluted with water,makes the tyre go on easier and seat properly.

I run the new Race Sport versions which is basically the old supersonic, and the answer is yeas you can.

3 things to rmember because they have thinner sidewalls and are prone to pinholes on the sidewalls.

1. Scrub the insides with a rough brush for at least 15 mins the stans then grips bonds much better to the sidewalls.

2. Use loads of soapy solution when seating them initially and use at least 100ml stans.Shake the tyre back and forth/sideways to make sure all the beads are sealed.

3. Once sealant is in and the tyre is seated dont put any wheight on them for 24 hours, I just mounted mine on my bike turned it upside down and every now and a again spun the wheels

After one or two initial pinholes have now been running them for a month without any issues or deflation

you can use a floor pump if the one bead is already perfectly set and you pump like mad, I just used co2 bombs to seat mine.

Edited by covie

I've managed to seat all UST tires with vigorous action from foot pump, using Sunlight wipes with a damp sponge to the inside bead. Just make sure the bead is not sitting over the valve and in place all along the rim.

Thanks for all the info, giving up tonight. Start again tomorrow :angry:

You do have a tubeless rim or have done the conversion. ;)

It should not take longer than 10 minutes to do,if it does something is wrong.

Ive been running the supersonic 2.4 on the front for the last 7 months.

I run it a little low - 1.8bar - for better grip. I really like it but have burped it twice - due to the lower pressure I assume.

Still like it but would prob go with 2.2 UST next time.

You can convert any wheel to tubeless!!

UST - not worth the extra cash + they are heavier!

You do have a tubeless rim or have done the conversion. ;)

It should not take longer than 10 minutes to do,if it does something is wrong.

I have got ZTR Flow rims, was running tubless before no problems. i will have a bash tonight again.