Spruit Ride Sat Morning from Parkhurst

Nic0000

Thanks for the hijack guys!

Okay so for those to keen to ride on Sat morning. Let's meet outside Fratelli's at 8am.

Hopefully see someone there!

Thanks for the hijack guys!

Okay so for those to keen to ride on Sat morning. Let's meet outside Fratelli's at 8am.

Hopefully see someone there!

haha! it's a pleasure :lol:

But hey... if you head down towards Bryanston side, you may very well spot me doing some shovel work on the 'bomb-hole' (right by Old Parks).

Edited by patches

Anyone keen to join me? Wouldn't mind a partner or 2! Meet round about 8am to do about 3 hours...

howzit Nic,

2 quick questions how far do you intend riding roughly and where is Fratelli's

shot

Nello

Okay so I'm not that noob but what's "shovel work" , "the bomb hole" and where's old parks?

Hey Nic - 99.9% sure I'll be there!

Let's hope for a bit of sun and nicer weather although I cannot imagine it could be as cold as my ride this past Monday in dulstroom

Okay so I'm not that noob but what's "shovel work" , "the bomb hole" and where's old parks?

"Shovel work" refers to the guys digging a new jump out or general maintenance of an existing jump.

The bomb hole is a nice little jump just after you cross over Jan Smuts when heading north.

Best hit flat out on a ridgid single speed :blink:

Hey Nic - 99.9% sure I'll be there!

Let's hope for a bit of sun and nicer weather although I cannot imagine it could be as cold as my ride this past Monday in dulstroom

Okay awesome. Ja I don't think its gona be summery but I'm also hoping it'l be a bit warmer...

"Shovel work" refers to the guys digging a new jump out or general maintenance of an existing jump.

The bomb hole is a nice little jump just after you cross over Jan Smuts when heading north.

Best hit flat out on a ridgid single speed :blink:

haha spot on... except that the bombhole isn't so little anymore... 4m gap, launches one 2m high easily if one boosts... it's rather fun now that it has a landing... but still a lot tamer than the DHL line ;)

Nic0000, here's a pic of me at the bombhole

(looking up towards Jan Smuts side)

post-10758-0-34529800-1310146059.jpg

We've added a landing approx. where the red arrow is. Although the addition of a landing turned it into a 4m gap jump, it's now safer because riders aren't landing to flat, so can now boost way higher than depicted here.

So yeah, I'm sure you're recognize this spot on the Spruit. As for Old Parks, it's the sports grounds up the embankment on the right of this pic

Edited by patches

Hey Nic, confirmed see you at 8. Just want to confirm, which Fratelli's we are meeting at? It seems there are about 3 on google... Green side, Jan Smuts or Randburg?