Table Mountain Crime

Chubba

I rate they should make certain sections access controlled areas. Pay to enter or have a green card.

It might end up being used more often, because more people will feel safer.

Email Rob, to add you to the Table Mountain Riders mailing list.

This is the latest initiative, join in!

Hi Guys

The number of new recruits added to the list since this morning's mail has been most welcome and if every name on the list turned up, we would need 37 more bodies to make up 100 riders.

Here's the challenge to each of you on the list: Find a friend, wife, girlfriend, daughter, son , auntie or uncle and invite them to ride along and we will have a fantastic turnout.

The official date will be the 28th of August (it is a Sunday), 9:15am. Meet & Greet will be at the parking lots, top of Kloof Nek Road, left hand side where you turn up to the Cable Station. Plenty of parking available.

The route will take us up Tafelberg Road to the first hairpin turn, where we veer left on to the Jeep Track. From there we ride across the front of the mountain, through Deer Park and up to the Blockhouse. Cycle back to the starting point along Tafelberg Road.

The date was chosen for the following reasons:

There will be a Safe Mountain Day on the same date and we as mountain bikers showing up in a huge group will show support for the initiative.

It gives everyone enough time to clear their schedules and make those 2 hours available.

I get time to find sponsors who might want to get involved. I would like to print t-shirts with TMB logo for the event and perhaps there is a company out there which would like to support this.

We are getting some signage together to mark hot spots on the mountain and the extra time will hopefully allow for them to be approved by San Parks and placed.

Hopefully I can convince a pilot I know to fly over the area on the day and take some pictures of all of us riding.

The later date will hopefully get more riders out and we can turn it into the Table Mountain 1000.

Spread the word, I will keep you updated as we go along.

Regards

Robert Vogel

zulurob@iafrica.com

Great Initiative, unfortunately allot of the Muslim MTB riders will be fasting that time and will probably give it a miss.

Great Initiative, unfortunately allot of the Muslim MTB riders will be fasting that time and will probably give it a miss.

Fair point, drop Rob an email as see what he can do?

Email Rob, to add you to the Table Mountain Riders mailing list.

This is the latest initiative, join in!

Hi Guys

The number of new recruits added to the list since this morning's mail has been most welcome and if every name on the list turned up, we would need 37 more bodies to make up 100 riders.

Here's the challenge to each of you on the list: Find a friend, wife, girlfriend, daughter, son , auntie or uncle and invite them to ride along and we will have a fantastic turnout.

The official date will be the 28th of August (it is a Sunday), 9:15am. Meet & Greet will be at the parking lots, top of Kloof Nek Road, left hand side where you turn up to the Cable Station. Plenty of parking available.

The route will take us up Tafelberg Road to the first hairpin turn, where we veer left on to the Jeep Track. From there we ride across the front of the mountain, through Deer Park and up to the Blockhouse. Cycle back to the starting point along Tafelberg Road.

The date was chosen for the following reasons:

There will be a Safe Mountain Day on the same date and we as mountain bikers showing up in a huge group will show support for the initiative.

It gives everyone enough time to clear their schedules and make those 2 hours available.

I get time to find sponsors who might want to get involved. I would like to print t-shirts with TMB logo for the event and perhaps there is a company out there which would like to support this.

We are getting some signage together to mark hot spots on the mountain and the extra time will hopefully allow for them to be approved by San Parks and placed.

Hopefully I can convince a pilot I know to fly over the area on the day and take some pictures of all of us riding.

The later date will hopefully get more riders out and we can turn it into the Table Mountain 1000.

Spread the word, I will keep you updated as we go along.

Regards

Robert Vogel

zulurob@iafrica.com