Table Mountain 100

kandui

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We have reached a total of 94 confirmed riders now, not counting myself, my wife and friends. Thank you to all of you who are spreading the work via other Forums, Facebook, Twitter and word of mouth.

There have been some people asking me whether I would consider printing a cycling top with the TMB logo. We sat down and came up with a design. Take a look at it and perhaps you would like one?

I will go to print when I have 15 orders. They will cost R480 (excl postage) to cover costs and the R60 extra per shirt will go into a kitty to be used for signage, sponsoring a bike or any other special projects.

Even if you live far from Table Mountain, you can show your support by wearing the top.

post-17562-0-56801800-1313046382.png

It's all systems go for the ride on the 28th.

There will be marshals at the back of the group to help slower riders and they will carry a spare tube and some tools in case of punctures and other minor defects.

There will be no Medic on duty (can't afford it), so please be aware that you are riding at your own risk and that the organiser (me and any affiliate) can't be held liable for any injury during the ride. The terrain is not technical, so I expect everyone to be able to handle it.

Please try to be at the car park at the corner of Kloof Nek and Tafelberg Road at 8:30 so we can gather and get going at 9am.

There should be plenty of parking available.

Red Bull will be doing their sample hand out at the start and not at the Blockhouse, from 8am to 9am.

Those of you who have ordered Table Mountain Biker cycling tops will be able to collect them at the start and wear them for the ride.

We should get to the Blockhouse by 10am or just after where we will be greeted by some complimentary coffee, courtesy of Bacini's Italian Restaurant.

Paddy Gordon of TMNP, Marc Truss of the Table Mountain Forum and a SAPS representative will say a few words at the Blockhouse.

After that , you are welcome to stay or make your way back to your car , using any route.

If anyone has questions, please contact me at ride@tablemountainbikers.co.za :D

Red Bull, Bos Ice Tea and Revolution Cycles give-aways.

Supercycling will be there to cover the ride. :lol:

HOT OFF THE PRESS: 2 suspects were caught on Lions Head yesterday. An ID parade today will establish whether they are the ones responsible for the muggings on Lions Head over the last 5 days and victims of Table Mountain muggings will also be called in to check whether these 2 can be linked across to Table Mountain as well.

A Big Up to TMNP and SAPS :clap:

Nice ride today guys. Well organized and the Bos and muffins on the top where fantastic! Hope this goes a long way to raise awareness about bike jackings on the mountain! Thanks Kandui for all the hard work!

Even the Shova enjoyed it!

post-12790-0-52663000-1314528064.jpg

Edited by Chubba

Lol, picture only popped up now, any of the 100+ riders?

My bad, i did not think about it. Will check with my mate if he got any.

Awesome ride this morning with an unbelievable turnout. The Caffe Pronto at the Blockhouse was a winner, as was the Bos iced tea. Thanks Kandui!

post-2167-0-68771900-1314530109.jpg

post-2167-0-96120900-1314530128.jpg

Brilliant day!

Did you guys see the 10 year old kids that made it to the top? I couldn't believe it!!! :clap: