New John O Conner kit!!

Zac.A

I've got mates that live Atlantic side who prefer to use BMC for servicing or Revolution cycles in town for servicing/purchases as they feel they get better service and value for money. I have no issue with JOC, I remember him when he worked for Willie Engelbrecht and personally found him abrupt and I preferred dealing with Willie.

I take it you work their Zac?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Castelli bibs are great, but like most manufacturers, its about quantity and not so much quality. According to manufacturers like castelli and others, kits and especially bibs are not made to last. They are also expensive cos in most cases they are made outside the EU, which unfortunately means 40 % duties.

thats the same for almost every brand.

anatomic is similarly priced and it's from SA so no 40% tax.

anyway, whats the point of posting negatively, if you don't like it, then, thats it.

You see Mr Brian Waters.. no matter what *** you come up with to "BAN CYCLISTS FROM CERTAIN ROADS" we will still gather to discus the correct price of bibs. And gloves. :drool:

Where does this come from ??

I've got mates that live Atlantic side who prefer to use BMC for servicing or Revolution cycles in town for servicing/purchases as they feel they get better service and value for money. I have no issue with JOC, I remember him when he worked for Willie Engelbrecht and personally found him abrupt and I preferred dealing with Willie.

I take it you work their Zac?

But on the actual coast it's only JOC, BMC and revolution are, as you said, both in town.

I dont work there, but they are one of the bike shops I shop at, in fact I dont work, (see my profile :) )

Of course JOC will be more expensive because of its location.

I sent a bike in to BMC and the day i got it back my gears were slipping, not suggesting they don't give good services as i have had before, perhaps just a lapse in concentration, happens anywhere.

Where does this come from ??

Its from another forum that was deleted, Brian waters had a car crash because of a cyclist, he's just a hater.

I am a rider. I am also an Emergency Worker. Mr Waters threw something out there. You figure out where i am coming from.

I am actually trying to bring up Mr Waters post in as many posts as possible - just to illustrate a certain mind set that might actually lead to more deaths of thoe who ride bikes>\.

Sorry what!

all imported brands will be more expensive because of the tax.

anatomic which is local has a similar price and it doesn't get taxed so maybe it's overpriced?

I am actually trying to bring up Mr Waters post in as many posts as possible - just to illustrate a certain mind set that might actually lead to more deaths of thoe who ride bikes>\.

what is he doing on #thehub anyway, not as if he's a cyclist.

Aah, just seen your profile Zac. Your 14 and you enjoy the bling factor of JOC and all the models hanging around Newport/pepenero/wakame & wafu. No harm in that!

Just watch out for Brianwaters on Beach road, he might just run you over...

I enjoy all bike shops :lol:, relatives of mine live in the apartments above it so im close.

brian waters is a dangerous man, he should be taken off the road.