Old Helshoogte Pass

pererace70

OK, I admit, my team kicked me off for riding in the wrong direction.

I dig that SA Jeux kit, I must add. One of your SA Jeux guys spent the last 40k's or something on his own! Admirable effort by him to finish.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest colonel

On a Orange RC6000 bike? Well you know we breed them tough..........

Didn't catch what bike he was on.

Staying on the topic, did anyone see all those people coming in at like 3pm!?

All alone, no support vehicle, not a team in sight, 20-30k's to go! Man, my heart went out to them!

Dan iemand my se of 'n mens reguit oor nuwe helhshoogte gaan of links draai op hom, daar waar die twee by mekaar kom?

DeadDead

Colonel isnt nice. I cycled through from somerset west and met him in Stellenbosch. We cycled up old helz. I was over 90% most of the time. So we get to the top, come down and I head towards his car. He whistles and says "come lets go again" DeadDeadDead

So anyways 65 km for the day and 1000m of climbing. So much for easy miles before the burger

Guest colonel

Quite alot of glass on the road and it needs to be re-surfaced but all in all a cool climb not very steep atall until the last say 1-1,5km where I think the attacks will happen to split people up.

What are the chances someone of importance (not you pinky) actually reading this thread and noting our concerns on the glass.

Unless of course they're aware of the situation in which case, well done Clap and sorry Embarrassed

Guest colonel

Well unless the glass changes position over the next few days then I know where it is so itll be cool!!

Do you think the pass will be visible on Google maps...?

And, apparently it's quite a cool climb, winding up the whole way, are my sources correct Colonel?

Guest colonel
Do you think the pass will be visible on Google maps...?

And' date=' apparently it's quite a cool climb, winding up the whole way, are my sources correct Colonel?
[/quote']

Ya its correct, its actually very cool little climb, trees, switchbacks etc very cool. I liked it alot it was different to other stuff we climb here but the road isurface is not the greatest atall!!