Cars at Suikerbosrand

Falco

Thank you Eldron, I will definitely go and try it, heard that it is a good place to train. Somebody just complained last year about plenty punctures.

I think the puncture come from looking at the animals when you should be looking at the road :D

Seriously though - there are a few thorns around from animals carrying them onto the the road but in at least 50 tours of suikerbosbarnd I have never had a puncture.

Take you climbing legs with you - there is 1,000m of climbing in 60km. Thats the same amount of climbing at the 94.7 but condensed into 60km.

Enjoy - the place rocks. No cars, no stop streets, no taxis, no robots, no pedestrians - it;s cycling nirvana!

Seriously though - there are a few thorns around from animals carrying them onto the the road but in at least 50 tours of suikerbosbarnd I have never had a puncture.

Take you climbing legs with you - there is 1,000m of climbing in 60km. Thats the same amount of climbing at the 94.7 but condensed into 60km.

Enjoy - the place rocks. No cars, no stop streets, no taxis, no robots, no pedestrians - it;s cycling nirvana!

Great place, really enjoyed our first ride there last Saturday. Only problem was we went right at the top of the first hill, instead of left, so we did the 10k finishing loop then had to go back up the first hill again, which the legs didn't appreciate too much. That added 10k's to the loop, so we finished on 68km in just on 3 hours.

Only saw 5 cars on the route, of which one was a park vehicle going in the wrong direction.

Do they have mtb trails open yet? Is the meditation hut open? We have seen plenty of animals there on hikes...

Were they hiking or meditating?..........

Great place, really enjoyed our first ride there last Saturday. Only problem was we went right at the top of the first hill, instead of left, so we did the 10k finishing loop then had to go back up the first hill again, which the legs didn't appreciate too much. That added 10k's to the loop, so we finished on 68km in just on 3 hours.

Only saw 5 cars on the route, of which one was a park vehicle going in the wrong direction.

It only takes one ride to be converted huh? I took a friend from the UK there and he wants to holiday in SA again so he can ride "the bush".

The 10km route is really handy - if I feel I haven't quite punished myself enough I do 10km loops until the little black stars appear...

Yeah - the park vehicles are a problem. Sadly the fine print on the entry conditons allow them to take short cuts.