Seperate MTB and Road PPA Seeding

flymango

According to the PPA site the next seeding run will take place end September. I assume we can use our old nr's till then. The league starts 11 september so do you go according to your existing PPA nr to enter league or do you go according to the nr you are currently legible for acc to their site?

Both will/can be a problem since

1. The current seeding o their site will change when they do reseeding end sep

2. if you use your current nr to enter league and during seeding run you drop and no longer qualify, what then?

I find it a bit shitty! Surely the spring races is a clear start to the new season and technically you are a new member allreay end june/july so i expect them to have their stuff sorted out at least before the racing starts

That always irks me, Jaco. It's like PPA wakes up on 1 July and realise it's time for new seeding and numbers and only then gets the process. Then come end September you get your new number. Surely someone can put a reminder on their phone for 1 May, do a seeding run on 27 June and send the new numbers 1 July?

That always irks me, Jaco. It's like PPA wakes up on 1 July and realise it's time for new seeding and numbers and only then gets the process. Then come end September you get your new number. Surely someone can put a reminder on their phone for 1 May, do a seeding run on 27 June and send the new numbers 1 July?

I agree. Our recently departed Headhunter (to the UK) would have had a field day with this.

In my first season of being properly subdued to the PPA seeding system, I find that they are a bunch of tjops. So, do we now get a rebate because it is now almost the end of July? We are still without 2011/2012 numbers, and as it seems, we are only getting them towards the end of September.

R270 / 12(months) x 9 (which are the effective months that we have to use our seeding numbers = R202.50 - So PPA owe us roadies R67.50 for services paid for and not rendered. That is the price of an f'ing number upgrade during the season - so do we now get one for free?

Edit: well actually it's only 6 months from the end of September until March - so that should be a 50% rebate....

It is one thing to have an organisation that promotes cycling and is a hub for race information and seeding, but to do it so slap gat is not on. It seems they are more concerned about giving free lights and helmets (which I am sure is 'sponsored' by our subs) to guys from the townships and doing nothing for the the people who's subscriptions that they so willingly take..... need to go for a cycle!!

Edited by SirK

I agree. Our recently departed Headhunter (to the UK) would have had a field day with this.

In my first season of being properly subdued to the PPA seeding system, I find that they are a bunch of tjops. So, do we now get a rebate because it is now almost the end of July? We are still without 2011/2012 numbers, and as it seems, we are only getting them towards the end of September.

R270 / 12(months) x 9 (which are the effective months that we have to use our seeding numbers = R202.50 - So PPA owe us roadies R67.50 for services paid for and not rendered. That is the price of an f'ing number upgrade during the season - so do we now get one for free?

Edit: well actually it's only 6 months from the end of September until March - so that should be a 50% rebate....

It is one thing to have an organisation that promotes cycling and is a hub for race information and seeding, but to do it so slap gat is not on. It seems they are more concerned about giving free lights and helmets (which I am sure is 'sponsored' by our subs) to guys from the townships and doing nothing for the the people who's subscriptions that they so willingly take..... need to go for a cycle!!

In this wind? I'll watch the last 1.5hrs of tdf on my indoor trainer

In this wind? I'll watch the last 1.5hrs of tdf on my indoor trainer

LOL! Like I said... need to go for a cycle. When I woke up this morning I thought it was raining, the wind was that bad! Well still is... I was meant to go for a 100+ km ride this morning - decided to withdraw my attempt and take it easy.

LOL! Like I said... need to go for a cycle. When I woke up this morning I thought it was raining, the wind was that bad! Well still is... I was meant to go for a 100+ km ride this morning - decided to withdraw my attempt and take it easy.

Same here bud! Looks like next wknd will be "wind free". I'm aiming for a 4.5hr and 3hr ride. Lets hold thumbs :rolleyes: