Great service from buycycle.co.za

walkerr

Not sure how many members have used them, but ordered a bike carrier from these guys yesterday and it arrived this morning.

Ok - part of why it was so quick is that the supplier is in Ottery and I'm not far away in Somerset West. Still impressive to have the courier arrive 1 hour after the dispatch email.

I'm always nervous about ordering online from a site I haven't used before, but these guys seem good to me.

- Rob

Used them recently and there's lots of room for improvement. However, at the end of the day I got the goods I ordered at a good price so I'm still a happy camper.

used them before as well, always brilliant friendly service... a nice alternative to CWC... and their prices aren't half bad either.

Cheers for your experiences. Now holding thumbs I get good service from Nivo on my Edge 500. Their price was way better than anyone else I could find.

• 2 weeks later...

That's sad - although I often find web suppliers don't always check their emails as often as you might hope. Not ideal, but I guess one of the ways these sites keep their costs low is by having a small staff, hence sometimes missing emails.

Also, in these days of Phishing and Spam filters, it's never certain that an email actually arrives. You'd be surprised at what some of the free spam blockers people use end up blocking. We're a commercial and legit software company who has never spammed, but we ended up in some random IP address range just because someone else at our ISP was a spammer. Was a mission to get us removed - almost ended up in court.

Might be worth following up by phone just in case your email never reached them.

Edited by walkerr

That's sad - although I often find web suppliers don't always check their emails as often as you might hope. Not ideal, but I guess one of the ways these sites keep their costs low is by having a small staff, hence sometimes missing emails.

Also, in these days of Phishing and Spam filters, it's never certain that an email actually arrives. You'd be surprised at what some of the free spam blockers people use end up blocking. We're a commercial and legit software company who has never spammed, but we ended up in some random IP address range just because someone else at our ISP was a spammer. Was a mission to get us removed - almost ended up in court.

Might be worth following up by phone just in case your email never reached them.

Just about to do that, but I sent via my personal email, and the websites enquiry form. Surely you check your emails every morning. Not had a reply from CWC either, sent them 4 mails this morning as well, all to various email adresss they have :(

True - I do check my emails every day, and respond to as many as I can. But I guess not everyone one does ...

Good luck anyhow, I also find it very frustrating when I get no response from people. And let us know how you get on - be a shame if these guys are dropping their service levels. It's hard enough to find ordering sites you can rely on, so we need the reasonable ones to keep their standards up.

Not getting any service via email queries - This sucks, after two mails nothing :thumbdown:

I had the same I inquired about a bike mount and winter clothing and they said they have stock and the guy gave me his personal email address and said if I wish to order I should contact him via that email address , and yip , still waiting for a response about my query on sizing etc. 2 months later.

• 2 weeks later...

got awesome service from them, followed up by a phonecall to make sure everything was as i wanted.

big thumbs up to them. price for my shock was about 20% cheaper than my LBS.

Not had a reply from CWC either, sent them 4 mails this morning as well, all to various email adresss they have :(

CWC seem to have been dropping the ball a bit during their move ... yes, it may be hectic there but we demand better service.! :devil:

Also, a lot of them are at Eurobike. :rolleyes: