The DH seat Height Debarcle

nigelhicks

Guest Omega Man

@ TNT and velo. Why don't you stick to roadie and 29er threads rather?

Edited by Omega Man

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Because there is no law against having your saddle tilted ... and if you put the bike onto a 20 deg slope facing downhill the saddle will be level .... :thumbup: hahaha

Just shows you, with all the rules, road riders are the toughest.

Why don't you stick to roadie and 29er threads rather?

Sorry? I'm not allowed to ask a valid question? Take your thread and shine it up real nice and shove it then why don't you?

5. tall dude from NZ.. what the hell's his name again.

Is his saddle high cause he's tall, high cause it works, or low cause he's a wannabe?

Guest Omega Man

Sorry? I'm not allowed to ask a valid question? Take your thread and shine it up real nice and shove it then why don't you?

They weren't valid questions. You are just trying to be a jackass. Mission accomplished there.

ok children ... no fighting now ... TNT1 did ask a vaild question ( but then lost it with the "who's the most hardcore ore whatever" remark) - but i dont know of any UCI rules in road either that stipulate that your seat has to be level ... ?????

Cus some road guys run it tilted slightly forward ... especially in Timetrial ...

Edited by nigelhicks

They weren't valid questions. You are just trying to be a jackass. Mission accomplished there.

Gee, lucky you know all the rules governing all forms of cycling. You must be a real bundle of fun at parties.

Maybe I shouldn't have asked about the seats level thing here, but it seemed sort of appropriate, and gee, look at that, someone with their head not in their bum answered me. One day I'll be as knowledgeable as you.

Until then, I'll ask. OK?

I spoke to Gracia's mechanic in PMB, his seat was high, but he uses a dropper post for pedally courses like yours Nigel. I think he had a Reverb.

Cus some road guys run it tilted slightly forward ... especially in Timetrial ...

they're not allowed to anymore, new ruling since TDF this year or something, which is why I asked.

Is his saddle high cause he's tall, high cause it works, or low cause he's a wannabe?

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha what a chop!!! hahahaahahahahah

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha what a chop!!! hahahaahahahahah

Right, what's his name? I'll go find a pic to settle this.

they're not allowed to anymore, new ruling since TDF this year or something, which is why I asked.

ok! didnt know that ... hmmm ... that must have screwed with a ton of riders set up when they passed that! ... No fo DH - you just have to have a seat!!! thats all - no regs on angles etc. thats why its interesting to see how high or low diff guys run their seats for what tracks

Edited by nigelhicks

http://jagwireusa.com/images/uploads/photo_gallery/Cameron-Cole_lg.jpg

http://www.tri-ride.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/ancora_comunicato_cole_lapierre-0.jpg

Dunno if that's a high medium or low?

Guest Omega Man

Gee, lucky you know all the rules governing all forms of cycling. You must be a real bundle of fun at parties.

Maybe I shouldn't have asked about the seats level thing here, but it seemed sort of appropriate, and gee, look at that, someone with their head not in their bum answered me. One day I'll be as knowledgeable as you.

Until then, I'll ask. OK?

I took offense to the dope smoker remark. I'm sorry. I'm a bit over sensitive. I've been in Nigeria for 2 weeks so my sense of humor is already at the airport waiting for the flight back home