Cycling along the N2 to caledon

fandacious

You are allowed to cycle on the N2; it is not a freeway anywhere along that section. You can stop in Riviersonderend for a pie at Die Ou Meul bakery.

Or you can turn off through Caledon and do the 50-odd k's to Napier. Good road, nice shoulder not all that busy.

Or turn of that road at Van Brakel's and cycle towards Stanford (not sure what you will do once you get there, the road from there to Hermanus is pretty narrow and busy).

Stanford has a brewery!! :clap: :clap: use it..don't use it...

Cycling on the N2 is just crazy!!! Especially with drivers like me...(after being to Stanford Brewery!!) :o :o

Comming from Gauteng, I cycled on the N2 between Sedgefield and George. What a pleasure. Traffic actually drivers AROUND you and not over you.

When I was 17 I cycled from my parents house in Durbanville to my brothers house in George all along the N2 stopping in Swellendam for a nights sleep.

When I was 17 I cycled from my parents house in Durbanville to my brothers house in George all along the N2 stopping in Swellendam for a nights sleep.

where else did you sleep?!

where else did you sleep?!

That was it. Only at the hotel. got up if I can remember correctly at 04:00 and was in George in the afternoon. Was 20 years ago and the roads were alot quieter then. Thats the days I would do the Argus in 2h42 / 2h48.