What DH tyres and pressures are ppl running?

Melch

Hi

I will need to replace the tyres on my DH bike soon. Was just wondering what tires you guys are using / have used and what you though of them. On a slightly different note what tyre pressure do you guys typically run?

I do most of my riding at tokai.

Thanks in advance for the input.

Kenda nevegals. Cos they are the cheapest and come in a variety of compounds and weights. Dual ply steel bead on the back and kevlar bead on the front. 2.5. I also but every second knob off of the side row of tread on the front tire. Sounded like a dumb idea when i heard it but it does seem to give a bit more grip in the corners.

Kenda nevegals. Cos they are the cheapest and come in a variety of compounds and weights. Dual ply steel bead on the back and kevlar bead on the front. 2.5. I also cut every second knob off of the side row of tread on the front tire. Sounded like a dumb idea when i heard it but it does seem to give a bit more grip in the corners.

Maxxis Minion Front, High Roller rear. For AM High Roller Front and back. Always Tubeless

18 -23 PSI Front

20 - 25 PSI Rear

Kenda Blue Groove Super tacky DH 2.5s (John Tomac Signature), front and back.

2.5 bar front

2.8-3 bar back.

Guest Omega Man

Front: Maxxis Minnion 2.5 dual ply 42a (Super Tacky)

Rear: Maxxis Minnion 2.5 UST 60a (hard)

I run my tires hard cos I hate pinching and there's plenty of grip from them anyway. Well that's my opinion.

Front: Maxxis Minnion 2.5 dual ply 42a (Super Tacky)

Rear: Maxxis Minnion 2.5 UST 60a (hard)

I run my tires hard cos I hate pinching and there's plenty of grip from them anyway. Well that's my opinion.

amen!

Oh and tyre roll! When them high voume DH tyres are slightly soft, one can feel the rear rolling on the rim when cornering... this freaks me out!

Maxxis Minion 2.5 Dual ply Super tacky 42a Both FRONT tyre tread patern. If you are a bit budget like me using a 60a (Medium compoud) works aswell.

Maxxis Minion Front, High Roller rear. For AM High Roller Front and back. Always Tubeless

18 -23 PSI Front

20 - 25 PSI Rear

Crow are you running the 2.35 or 2.5 High rollers on your AM bike? Just got one 2.35 for the front yesterday from CRC. Never ridden them before, so can't wait to give them a bash over the weekend. Always had Nevegals, but decided to give the High Rollers a go. The funny thing is, the HR's look thinner (less bulky) than the 2.35 Nevegals on the rim. But they do have a much more aggressive tread pattern than the Nevegals. Will be interesting to compare the grip between the two.

Crow are you running the 2.35 or 2.5 High rollers on your AM bike? Just got one 2.35 for the front yesterday from CRC. Never ridden them before, so can't wait to give them a bash over the weekend. Always had Nevegals, but decided to give the High Rollers a go. The funny thing is, the HR's look thinner (less bulky) than the 2.35 Nevegals on the rim. But they do have a much more aggressive tread pattern than the Nevegals. Will be interesting to compare the grip between the two.

yup! certain tyre brands are bigger than others, even though the stated size may be the same (ie. 2.35 in your case).

I run a 2.35 minion on the front of my 4X bike, and a 2.35 S-works at the back and the S-works is bigger.

Maxxis in general are smaller for their size. Kendas on the other hand are often pretty big for their size (if that makes sense)

yup! certain tyre brands are bigger than others, even though the stated size may be the same (ie. 2.35 in your case).

I run a 2.35 minion on the front of my 4X bike, and a 2.35 S-works at the back and the S-works is bigger.

Maxxis in general are smaller for their size. Kendas on the other hand are often pretty big for their size (if that makes sense)

Thx Patchman. Ja I was actually kinda disappointed that the HR's look so thin! But i guess looks can be deceiving. I'm sure they will grip like snot in the corners with all those gnarly side knobs.

Guest Omega Man

amen!

Oh and tyre roll! When them high voume DH tyres are slightly soft, one can feel the rear rolling on the rim when cornering... this freaks me out!

Totally. If I was fast enough for my tire pressure to make a difference I would fiddle but until then.

Guest Omega Man

Maxxis ardent 2.35 super tacky. It rules! But all the tread ripped off after about ten rides. At least it was cheap.

Ja I had one on my DH bike. the 2.4. It felt really good for a while. But it tears up really fast.