Build-a-Bike - Enriching the lives of the less fortunate

divernick

First time I'm seeing this thread. Just awesome... wow. :clap: You are doing something really teriffic. Please PM me your postal address. I'll go have a look-see around the house for items that could help. Definitely have an spare hardly-used lid and a bunch of tubes.

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Please visit our website www.buildabikesa.com and sign up for our email newsletter. It's a great way to keep in touch and I promise I won't spam you!

Or simply click HERE.

One monthly email is all you'll get and will be a nice update on the initiative, especially if you have contributed and would like to see where your contributions end up.

Thanks!

Nick

I am auctioning / raffling off the Bianchi that I built to ride at Critical Mass - many of you saw me on the bike - to raise money to buy high-viz vests for the local bicycle commuters in the Midrand area.

530109_10151232520569985_1836082361_n.jpg

My question to you all: would you rather bid on the bike at R1000+ or buy a raffle ticket for R50 and stand a chance to win it in a lucky draw?

I'd be happy to start the bid at R1000

Saw the bike on the back of your car at Thaba. Really nice!

One of my recipients was bike-jacked yesterday near Diepsloot.

The bike is a Raleigh Explorer MTB with street tyres and has a build a bike sticker on the silver bit of the top tube.

Please let me know if you spot it, or just call the cops. I should have a case number by Monday. Pics below.

post-19617-0-40581100-1344106072.jpg

post-19617-0-88495000-1344106135.jpg

I just want to say a big thank you to Matt who donated a Giant MTB and a bunch of parts.

Your donation is much appreciated and I have a recipient in line for the bike already.

Hi, I would like to donate the following:

Relatively old Planet Mountain Bike that I have just put new cables on, sprayed it, new saddle etc;

Box full of reflectors;

Bunch of old tyres & tubes with Solution for patches;

Bunch of old cables & casings;

2 X Mountain Bike Frames;

1 X Hybrid Frame; and

1 X Road Bike Frame

2 X Mountain bikes Forkes.

PS>>>>>> Can you perhaps help with 9 or 10 Speed Shifters and or old set of Wheels???

Regards

Thea

post-30379-0-64063600-1344418487.jpg

post-30379-0-45914300-1344418489.jpg

post-30379-0-19911400-1344418500.jpg

post-30379-0-93671100-1344418534.jpg

I am auctioning / raffling off the Bianchi that I built to ride at Critical Mass - many of you saw me on the bike - to raise money to buy high-viz vests for the local bicycle commuters in the Midrand area.

530109_10151232520569985_1836082361_n.jpg

My question to you all: would you rather bid on the bike at R1000+ or buy a raffle ticket for R50 and stand a chance to win it in a lucky draw?

Hi I'll offer you R1050-00 for the bike

Relatively old Planet Mountain Bike that I have just put new cables on, sprayed it, new saddle etc;

Box full of reflectors;

1 X Hybrid Frame; and

1 X Road Bike Frame

PS>>>>>> Can you perhaps help with 9 or 10 Speed Shifters and or old set of Wheels???

Regards

Thea

PM sent! Thanks!

Here's another bike ready for a new owner. It's going to a security guard who's bike was stolen a few weeks ago.

Thanks to Matt for donating most of the parts used for this build.

378341_10151270157209985_1504793695_n.jpg

Since I took this pic, I have added grips and neatened up the hose routing etc......

Edited by divernick

Box full of reflectors;

1 X Hybrid Frame; and

1 X Road Bike Frame

Regards

Thea

Thanks for the donations - much appreciated!

Great thread and great work. These bikes look very good. I have an old kona in pretty much running condition, used it as a commuter myself, and a few spare wheels. Also spare tyres including a lovely set of specialized 26 inch slicks hardly used. Love for it all to go to a good home

Thanks and a big-UP to Green Bean for the kind donation of the Specialized Dolce ladies road bike.

This bike is in great shape and would be awesome for a development rider - any nominations?