Accidents in Cape Town

Berman

Just got back for a ride, where I saw the aftermath of a major collision between a car and an unfortunate cyclist. The motorist was clearly in the wrong, where she probably mistimed her turning into Llundadno, and took out an oncoming cyclist. He smashed her windscreen and was lying on the opposite side of the car on the tar, writhing in pain. She was probably rushing home to not miss  a "soapie" on TV and was oblivious to the speed at which the guy was coming down the hill at.

All I can say is I hope the guy is stabilized and under good care. The weirf thing is we as cyclist are always talking about ways to solve this problem. In Belgium the cyclist has always the right of way, no matter what. Slipping through traffic is the correct way to ride there and everyone is "thinking bike".

The solution to our woes is getting more people on bikes riding and learning what it is like 1. to enjoy the sport and 2. too see how a little ettiquette to cyclists can go a long way. With six degrees of seperation, who knows we might have a nation of "wielertoeristen" in a decade or two.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

alternatively, the government could encourage more comedies on the airwaves and get everyone to relax a little.

maybe then people will learn to slow and chill a little.

Hmmm nope, I think the cyclist was at fault here... Geek

I'm sure he saw guys riding on the wrong side of the road at the race on the weekend and decided to try it on his Monday training ride. Never under estimate how powerfully reinforced the actions of racers are in the minds of fun riders!

Yes, go ahead... Make my day... FLAME me!!!!Angry

Hmmm nope' date=' I think the cyclist was at fault here... Geek

I'm sure he saw guys riding on the wrong side of the road at the race on the weekend and decided to try it on his Monday training ride. Never under estimate how powerfully reinforced the actions of racers are in the minds of fun riders!

[/quote']

hahahahahahaha

i bet you have popcorn and are having fun evening annoying folk ;-)

i say they must start in the schools and give the kids bikes that is where the goverment should start with the education maybe in 20 years we would bear the fruits 

[/quote']Pantani, did someone piss on your battery this morning? Take it somewhere else ...

[/quote']Pantani, did someone piss on your battery this morning? Take it somewhere else ...

Nope.. it's called sarcasm... delivered for the most part humourously tinged with a verbal irony that often results in injury and insult, and more times than not difficult to grasp in it's written form... Geek

[/quote']

You must get the hubbers award for the most inteligent hubber in the 2 brain cell category.

The law in SA is motorists must give way to cyclists and pedestrians;but they dont and they are not bothered cos that woman would be in jail in Belgium;but in SA she is sat at home and calls the hosp to check on the cyclist,s condition (the right thing to do in SA)as far as she is concerned she made a BOO BOO .and can walk away .I have been there 3 times and have never prosecuted the driver cos their insurance then would not pay for damage to my bike,as the driver was at fault; and i could  not afford a civil action as the accident fund does not cover the bike.The law regarding this is A LOAD OF BOLLOCKS and as usual protects the wealthy. NNF.

Nope.. it's called sarcasm... delivered for the most part humourously tinged with a verbal irony that often results in injury and insult, and more times than not difficult to grasp in it's written form... Geek

Don't worry Pantani! The sharper amongst us got you first time! Very aptly put, I might add!Clap

Like I said' date=' take the sarcasm somewhere else. [/quote']

Hey Windbreaker! Go break some wind! Release the pressure inside! The guys are having a "nice" dig!