IM70.3 SA

gadget

I see that the entries are over half full. There is also a nice discussion on goals for IMSA in another post. Will be interested to see who's in for this race in Jan 2012, what you time goals are (perfect weather) and how the training is going.

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am doing Cape Town in Nov. UNfortunately I do not have the money at this stage although I would have love to. I mean, think how fit you would be after doing a full IM in Nov and then target the half IM!

I am doing Cape Town in Nov. UNfortunately I do not have the money at this stage although I would have love to. I mean, think how fit you would be after doing a full IM in Nov and then target the half IM!

Ya, if that is the Cape Town challenge, that added to 70.3, IMSA is a bit much for my pocket, and its after winter. I need to go from energades to a couple of Olympic distances and a hald IM beofre I ca tackle the full distance. :D

Will enter and book place next month.

Edited by cervelo

Going to do the Cape Town challenge and then maybe look at the prestige ultra in Dec and the Buffelspoort in Feb. They are cheaper 70.3's and are local so no accomodation transport fees etc.

I am doing Cape Town in Nov. Unfortunately I do not have the money at this stage although I would have love to. I mean, think how fit you would be after doing a full IM in Nov and then target the half IM!

I will be there in support for the CT Challenge. At about the 8k mark on the run at the bottom of the Glen. MAN, that downhill is going to HURT! We run it once a week up and down and the down kills me!

Looking forward to IM70.3 though. I don't have the legs for the Challenge. Another advantage (cost wise) is that we are a big group going so transport and accommodation is cheaper.

Edited by gadget

I'm entered for my 2nd 70.3. Its such a lekker event. Would recommend it to anyone who thinks they would enjoy it.

Hopefully I learn the lessons from the k@k run I had last year.

I'll also make my appearance at 70.3 - aiming for a sub 6 hour race.

Sub 6. What's you goal splits: 35min / 3h20 / 1h50 ?

Don't forget T1 and T2. I landed up spending 11min in total in transition. Must admit I was just trying to enjoy everything and not get too caught up in the race against the clock. Still managed sub 6 with a 2h07 run.

My point, just go out and have a blast. The time will take care of itself.

More or less that - I will like to cut some time of the bike though - aiming for below 3h10

Being my first 70.3 these are the goals I am training towards. On the day, I'll take it as it comes and see what happens.

is the bike leg really that tough?

I would love to race but can't afford two trips to the eastern cape for me and the family. I will be doing the midlands ultra instead which is just up the road.

is the bike leg really that tough?

I would love to race but can't afford two trips to the eastern cape for me and the family. I will be doing the midlands ultra instead which is just up the road.

Generally uphill on the way out with lots of rolling hills. On the way back my average was almost 20km/h faster. There is a bitch of a climb toward the end.

What would the best place be to train for this cycle leg in jhb? Currently doing the Cradle loop on the weekends, from my house comes in just short of 70km. Aim at doing a second loop which should take the total up to around 100km?

Or is there a better place to train for the 70.3 cycle leg?

What would the best place be to train for this cycle leg in jhb? Currently doing the Cradle loop on the weekends, from my house comes in just short of 70km. Aim at doing a second loop which should take the total up to around 100km?

Or is there a better place to train for the 70.3 cycle leg?

Not sure where you're from but Hekpoort , Sterkies and the Tracking station route are good options. From the bottom of Hekpoort to Keywest in Krugersdorp is about similar to the 70.3 route.