Sun City Triathlon

Rolling Thunder

Overall vast improvement on previous years.

Some positives:

Silicone swimcap, I hate pulling those latex hair removal devices off after the swim.

Swim route was better.

Did they change the hill? anycase cycle route was good. Saw some naughty boys drafting, okes if u do that in Paul Wolfe's race he'll have u, just a friendly word of advice.

Good marshalls in general (See below about Negatives, there's always one frustrated library prefect).

Good crowd support.

Marshalls at the waterpoints and the guys watering the golf course....they enthusiastically doused us, good fun.

The sponges were a lifesaver

Valley of the waves entry, i had more fun than a 7yr old

Developmental areas (The

Registartion was like a treasure hunt.

Loooooong Transition, almost thought I was on the run allready except with my bike.

T1 No marshal on the mount/dismount and no clear mount lines, dude when u point at an imaginery line and yell at me to dismount there when I am bleeding from the eyeballs dont expect me to mind read within 1cm.

That marshall tannie in the Bike transition that kept yelling and huffing on her whistle at guys to zip up their tops...Tannie dis hotter than a snake's ass in a wagonrut, a bit of sympathy rather than tyranny.

The heat on the run.....

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@seeker 911Please answer my question that I asked on my post on the 8th

I did send you a PM. But here it is again.

The pool itself is a 25m so decent and has about 10 lanes in total. Winter season no problem almost anytime. Swimming does not seem popular in the Winter not even amongst the Tri folks.

Avoid post lunch swimming in the summer. Full of kids and coaches use half the pool. On weekends you need to get in early and finish before about 11am.

During the week in the mornings is great 6am. Lots of Tri folks swimming laps together with 1 or 2 master squads. Water temperature almost always above 25. Just dont drink it.

Fees are about R235 a season or R8 a session.

Edited by Seeker911

Really was an awesome event. Was thrilled to see the marshals stopping one of the big buses after flying past me, just when I was wondering how they could get away with it.

Had a great swim & cycle, but I hope they lose the results, don't want my run/walk time to go public :)

Really was an awesome event. Was thrilled to see the marshals stopping one of the big buses after flying past me, just when I was wondering how they could get away with it.

Had a great swim & cycle, but I hope they lose the results, don't want my run/walk time to go public :)

Well your wish has just come true. Got email this morning to say the results have been LOST. I would not mind too much except when I got out the water I realized that somehow my watch had been paused at about 26 mins. Must have been all the kicking and arm thrashing in the maelstrom which continued throughout the swim. About 3/4 way through the swim I had at least 3 of the female swimmers run me over so to speak.

Yes I suspect my run/walk also would not look too good in comparison to the swim and cycle. Spent more time dunking myself in the bins than running.