Critical Mass Jozi - 27 September 2013

skidd

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Stupid question - What are the general rules of joining this ride an the basics to bring other then you choice of ride. ie. Helmuts(are they a must for a slow casual ride), lights? Anything else?

Stupid question - What are the general rules of joining this ride an the basics to bring other then you choice of ride. ie. Helmuts(are they a must for a slow casual ride), lights? Anything else?

The point of this ride is that there are no rules really. Remember, we are in a big group, and the effects on traffic are surprising, but we are riding in Joburg on a Friday night, we are guaranteed to encounter some nutcases, so I would say you would be silly to ever ride in Joburg without a helmet, and you would be silly to ever ride in Joburg at night without some kind of light

@ Skidd - Thanks for the reply.

Sorry for Noob question.

No sweat, look forward to meeting you there. It really must be experienced!

Ok I will be there like bear with my R150.00 head as my ordered helmut is only landing next month. Will most likely be chasing from the back as I am so cycling unfit its not even funny. See you Ladys and Gentlemen on friday night. Hopefully someone has a radio for us so we can listen to the Sharks vs pink bulls rugby game while we cyclye....

Ah sh*t! I just realised I missed the ride this morning in Cape Town. Damn, one less croissant and cup of coffee for the day.

As far as I know, myself and Peach are in. We're trying to decide bewteen the most impractical bikes we own, to use for tonight :lol:

Its going to be the best attended one yet tonight, route quite a bit shorter than last month, get there tonight!

We're off to the coast tonight :-(

Will watch out for the next one though. Went to a few in London . . . . great fun.

My first Critical Mass and I was impressed with the turnout of around 80 cyclists.

All shapes and sizes from downhill, all mountain, xc, tandem, road, single speeds and fixies.

Those fixies were mighty impressive, time to consider adding one to my collection.

It was also my first critical mass. I thoroughly enjoyed it! I'm definitely going to try attend every month!