Smoking and Cycling

Slowbee

Beer, friends and a really frustrating day (4h40 on my MTB with slicks)

Haha! (although it is anything but funny!!)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How the hell do you start after 9 months again? I was hoping that the urges would go away altoghether after 6 months... Jeeze.... addictive people are born with massive challenges....

They will never completely disappear, you will always be a recovering addict or ex smoker :(

They will never completely disappear, you will always be a recovering addict or ex smoker :(

Agreed....almost 20 years down the line I still feel like lighting up when smokers around me light up.... :blush:

I quit 3 months ago. I was hoping that the urge to stab someone would go away altoghether after 3 months.

I've been smoking since 94,

Hell's Bells, that's quite an age. I hope you live to be 100!

I must be one of the lucky few.

I gave up after 20 years of smoking 2 years ago and I never feel like lighting up. In fact I have become an avid anti smoker (which I swore I never would) and can't believe I ever smoked!

I must be one of the lucky few.

I gave up after 20 years of smoking 2 years ago and I never feel like lighting up. In fact I have become an avid anti smoker (which I swore I never would) and can't believe I ever smoked!

+1 :)

I gave up smoking cogarettes, and stinking like crap, in 1993. Still feels like stabbing somebody even though only once per year now.

My wife though still say .... "ya are smokin babe"

I gave up smoking cogarettes, and stinking like crap, in 1993. Still feels like stabbing somebody even though only once per year now.

My wife though still say .... "ya are smokin babe"

After or during?

Day 5 - still strong.

Well done. Keep at it. Day by day, hour by hour. Reward yourself over the weekend with a steak or somethin!!

Well done. Keep at it. Day by day, hour by hour. Reward yourself over the weekend with a steak or somethin!!

Nah, my reward is doing the 24hr race in Parys, cant wait.

I'm stressing about this Champix I'm taking, it makes you feel kind of nauseous all the time, and I have Karkloof race this weekend. I don't want to stop the Champix as I feel it's working and doing it's thing, but I'm worried big time it's gonna effect my race.

What to do, not worry about the race and concentrate more on the giving up? Take a slow ride feeling nauseous, or abandon the race idea all together.