Smoking and Cycling

Slowbee

So I quit on Saturday in China. I have a couple of drags here and there though, but hoping to be "clean" by this weekend. Mind playing all sorts of tricks on me. Pains in funny places, dizziness, etc. Also feels like there is a small elephant standing on my chest.

Keep it up boys!!

I had that the first time I quit. Its hectic. Goodluck and thanks for the support.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Still going strong, into day 5 today, of not smoking. :clap: Smashed a 5km run last night, even with a tightish chest.

Just a question for the people that have taken Champix. I forgot to take a pill last night, and have only just taken the next days tablet now, yet I had no cravings, but the stuff is still making me feel so ill, do I really need to keep taking it? I feel I've passed the worst of it in terms of cravings, its just eliminating those habits, which I feel I've done as well.

Still going strong, into day 5 today, of not smoking. :clap: Smashed a 5km run last night, even with a tightish chest.

Just a question for the people that have taken Champix. I forgot to take a pill last night, and have only just taken the next days tablet now, yet I had no cravings, but the stuff is still making me feel so ill, do I really need to keep taking it? I feel I've passed the worst of it in terms of cravings, its just eliminating those habits, which I feel I've done as well.

I get that nausea thing as well sometimes, but try to have a big breakfast before popping the pill...

I reckon rather that, than a lapse in 5 days, weeks, or 2 months.

I get that nausea thing as well sometimes, but try to have a big breakfast before popping the pill...

I reckon rather that, than a lapse in 5 days, weeks, or 2 months.

I've been eating a big breakfast and only taking it at night after eating as well, some days its worse then others, this morning I was ready to lie down I was feeling so sick.

I've been eating a big breakfast and only taking it at night after eating as well, some days its worse then others, this morning I was ready to lie down I was feeling so sick.

oops, never had it that bad or that long, usually a quick bad episode.

You guys all make it seem so easy.ive tried a couple times and always slipped up. Gonna try give the cancer stick a boot (again) any advise? might sound soppy but reading what you guys say really helps.....

You guys all make it seem so easy.ive tried a couple times and always slipped up. Gonna try give the cancer stick a boot (again) any advise? might sound soppy but reading what you guys say really helps.....

Trust me this aint easy, I've tried and slipped up on numerous occasions. Give the Champix a try, you have nothing to lose except a stinky habit.

Stopped for nearly 4 months now after Allen Carr course. Only advice I can tell you is if you're gonna stop then stop completely, don't cut down. Don't change anything about your diet, the only thing that needs to change is the smoking else keep the same routine. You dont need to take any type of substitute or drug either, this is the worst mistake in my opinion because youre giving up one habit for another. The cravings will last for about a week and then it gets easier over time. Just take it one day at a time...

Bottom line is you have got to WANT to stop. I stopped a few times and now am an OPC (Other peoples cigarettes) smoker, but also only when i am a bit numb. The next morning I know why I stopped so it is a good thing in a way. keeps me grounded.

Stopped for nearly 4 months now after Allen Carr course. Only advice I can tell you is if you're gonna stop then stop completely, don't cut down. Don't change anything about your diet, the only thing that needs to change is the smoking else keep the same routine. You dont need to take any type of substitute or drug either, this is the worst mistake in my opinion because youre giving up one habit for another. The cravings will last for about a week and then it gets easier over time. Just take it one day at a time...

This I do not agree on, with the drugs I'm currently taking, there is no way on earth that this can become a habit, I've also in no way substituted the drugs for smoking, what they do is aid you. You still have to want to stop yourself, that at the end of the day is the bottom line. What seems easy for may not be that way for others. You went on a course, I chose the pills route, both seem to be having a result, but again that all depends on the individual. Don't knock something if you have not tried it.

You dont need to take any type of substitute or drug either, this is the worst mistake in my opinion because youre giving up one habit for another.
gmpf....

strongly disagree....Champix saved my life...lol

Tomorrow = 3 weeks clean ! :clap:

This I do not agree on, with the drugs I'm currently taking, there is no way on earth that this can become a habit, I've also in no way substituted the drugs for smoking, what they do is aid you. You still have to want to stop yourself, that at the end of the day is the bottom line. What seems easy for may not be that way for others. You went on a course, I chose the pills route, both seem to be having a result, but again that all depends on the individual. Don't knock something if you have not tried it.

Ha ha! Drugs, don't knock 'em till you tried 'em?

I just took my starter pack and only took the night tablets after day 10. And I'm doing ok day 16 for me today.

Ha ha! Drugs, don't knock 'em till you tried 'em?

I said the same to my Mother last night, the look on her face was priceless.

I just took my starter pack and only took the night tablets after day 10. And I'm doing ok day 16 for me today.

I forgot again to take the night tablet, and I seem fine today. Don't feel like I'm ready to kill anyone, yet. Just need to get some food down and then will take my day tablet.

Well done everyone, we are all doing great :thumbup: :clap: