Any feedback 'bout Enduren Energy Bars?

'Dale

Got me a handful of Enduren bars at the LBS.

Anyone used them before?

Natural stuff only.

Very tasty and not too sweet.

Wanna try it on Sat during a race. Only used in one training session before.

Your opinions are most welcome!! :rolleyes:

How did it work in the training session? Risky to try something new in a race.

I know...

T'was okay in my training ride.

So, all to be revealed on Sat.

Lots of guys racing on them - check out the website product page for rider feedback - www.enduren.co.za/intro.html

'Dale, you got me interested, but I see the website doesn't have the spec's for the bars... you got anything re carbs, protein, fat, etc?

Well I tried the juice riding my singlespeed at the Eselfontein 70km last weekend and I only came like 10th last instead of dead last so I'm giving it a solid thumbs up. I also like the taste, in fact I like it so much that I rode back to one of the waterpoints where I had forgotten my bottle after mixing up a double dose of the magic doepa.

Well I tried the juice riding my singlespeed at the Eselfontein 70km last weekend and I only came like 10th last instead of dead last so I'm giving it a solid thumbs up. I also like the taste, in fact I like it so much that I rode back to one of the waterpoints where I had forgotten my bottle after mixing up a double dose of the magic doepa.

:lol:

'Dale, you got me interested, but I see the website doesn't have the spec's for the bars... you got anything re carbs, protein, fat, etc?

Roughly, per 100 g

Protein 5.5 g

Glycaemic Carb 61.5 g of which total sugar 14 g

Fat 8.8 g

I like the eau naturelle of it, man.

Roughly, per 100 g

Protein 5.5 g

Glycaemic Carb 61.5 g of which total sugar 14 g

Fat 8.8 g

I like the eau naturelle of it, man.

Well Gu's ingredients are:

Maltodextrin (Glucose Polymers), Filtered Water, Fructose, GU Amino Acid Blend (Leucine, Valine, Isoleucine, Histidine), Natural And Artificial Berry Flavor, Potassium And Sodium Citrate, GU Antioxidant Blend (Natural Vitamin E And Vitamin C), Calcium Carbonate, Fumaric Acid, Sea Salt, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, GU Herbal Blend [Chamomile, Cola Nut (Has Caffeine), Ginger], Citric Acid, Pectin

Gluten-free. Dairy-free. With ~20mg of caffeine.

And spec sheet:

post-14551-0-36941600-1319803827.jpeg

Dudes, latching onto this, one of my usual dumb questions.

Been convinced a while ago of going a route whereby you remove bars and other "real food" from the ride will ease possibilities of "gastric discomfort" (that's my big/diplomatic word for the day!) Tried it and had quite a few rides (incl One Tonner) with only chews and/or gels in addition to water and carb drink. Works like a charm.

So I'm converted to that theory. It's light, packs well and gives the juice quickly and enough thereof...

But why's it then that I look and in several threads (this and the Coke one, to name two recent ones) everybody advocates eating - and thus running that risk of having the food sit in their stomach, utilising extra energy to be digested and then only absorbed?

Just asking... Or is it a case of stick to what has worked for you and gooi mielies.

Seabee,

I am experimenting and having a look at the best option for me.

That's the wisdom. Try various things (solids, gels, brands, time of consumption) out and see what is the best for you as bodies work differently.

For a century ride:

At the 90 minute mark, I need something solid, it seems.

And at the 85 km mark, I need a spiking of the fuel tank, like a gel.