Cricket......

E1A104

Sure Symcox feels a bit foolish today the way he went on about McLaren being left out at Newlands. Well today McLaren went for almost 8 an over.... ouch.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure Symcox feels a bit foolish today the way he went on about McLaren being left out at Newlands. Well today McLaren went for almost 8 an over.... ouch.

Being dropped for the first ODI would not have done his (or Tsotsobe's) confidence any good. It showed in the way that they both bowled.

Wides bowled by SA - it cost us.

Smith and Kallis (and JP, for that matter) bat too slowly to have them all in the team at the same time.

If it was not for AB's inning, we would not have been in a position to win. Yes, he played one big shot too many, but the point of having wickets in hand is to be able to go for those shots. The rest should have finished it.

Miller must bat ahead of JP imo. Miller needs more time to settle, while JP is a more conventional player, not a finisher.

Over no 44 by Ajmal won the game for Pak, gave away only 2 runs, putting pressure on Amla to go for a big shot.

It was a choking finish.

Well done to the Paki team for fighting on despite AB's magic and earning a historic win.

The Proteas has such a patchy legacy within the 50 over game... :-(

I believe our bowlers let us down yesterday.

We have been sloppy in the fielding though as well.

The aggression from our batsmen is lacking and we really can score big runs with the team at hand,

maybe a slight reshuffle of the order is in need.

I believe our bowlers let us down yesterday.

We have been sloppy in the fielding though as well.

I disagree. The batsmen. Namely Kallis and Smith let the team down. How much longer are they going to be left to fail before they are booted back to domestic level to find some form? Pathetic.

Ok, I guess in the case of Kallis, he let the side down with his bowling too.

I disagree. The batsmen. Namely Kallis and Smith let the team down. How much longer are they going to be left to fail before they are booted back to domestic level to find some form? Pathetic.

Ok, I guess in the case of Kallis, he let the side down with his bowling too.

That pitch in no way was a 300 plus pitch (if it were a 50 over game)

Ab batted spectacularly or else we would not have got close to that score,

that makes the bowling poor for them to get where they did.

If Steyn had a poor game we would have gotten a proper hiding.

Smith and Kallis are both returning from big gaps in ODI cricket,

you cannot base 2 games on their performance and Kallis scored in one of the games.

Besides, whom would you replace them with?

Every opener or No.3 we have tried in the past 2 years have failed dismally apart from De Kock who should open with Amla.

That pitch in no way was a 300 plus pitch (if it were a 50 over game)

Yeah, more like a 400+ pitch for a team like India the way Dhawan is batting. Lets not forget, on an average day, Pakistan bat like a collection of crying schoolgirls.

Smith and Kallis are both returning from big gaps in ODI cricket,

Besides, whom would you replace them with?

Every opener or No.3 we have tried in the past 2 years have failed dismally apart from De Kock who should open with Amla.

Replace them with someone from the domestic league who is on form and scoring runs...

Agree, De Kock and Amla should be the openers.

(That said, isn't it great to sit at home and make selection choices... :whistling: )

Edited by Cellar

Yeah, more like a 400+ pitch for a team like India the way Dhawan is batting. Lets not forget, on an average day, Pakistan bat like a collection of crying schoolgirls.

Replace them with someone from the domestic league who is on form and scoring runs...

Agree, De Kock and Amla should be the openers.

(That said, isn't it great to sit at home and make selection choices... :whistling: )

The Indian pitches are flatter than a tarred road hence their big runs.

We will see how they bat when they are here(although they chose the grounds that best suit them).

The Paki's being school girls with the bat further exaggerates my comment that our bowlers did not perform.

With the selection of domestic players,

we cant have too many news guys in one team although we should try get a few guys in as options.

Its always easier choosing a team when you behind a tv screen.

The selection is the main problem these guys don't know if they will be playing the next game. Look at the team of the late 90s that was number one in world I can almost name that team. Kirsten, Gibbs or Hudson, Cronje, Rhodes, Mcmillan, Klusner, Boucher or Richardson, Symcox, Matthews, Fanie and Donald. Most of this team played every game and we won most of our games even with Hansie throwing them.(ok no World Cup) I can't remember who played a few days ago at Newlands.

Edited by Ceres

http://www.espncricinfo.com/magazine/content/story/687215.html

great article on mohammed shami - a name that you'll soon recognise.

The selection is the main problem these guys don't know if they will be playing the next game. Look at the team of the late 90s that was number one in world I can almost name that team. Kirsten, Gibbs or Hudson, Cronje, Rhodes, Mcmillan, Klusner, Boucher or Richardson, Symcox, Matthews, Fanie and Donald. Most of this team played every game and we won most of our games even with Hansie throwing them.(ok no World Cup) I can't remember who played a few days ago at Newlands.

all teams did that then too. things change. everyone uses a squad system now.