Cricket......

E1A104

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless we can get one or two big partnerships, this is going to be a very short testmatch. We're playing 5 batsmen, a keeper and 5 bowlers. Dane Vilas is no mug with the bat (ave 40 in domestic 1st class - damn good, equivalent to Faf actually), but it's one helluva ask for him to come in here for his first test innings at 6. 

with philander at 7, we have a long tail. hopefully harmer shows his batting potential down the order (he has a 1st class century)

as 'exciting' as this has been. It's a joke of a pitch.

This will be a 3 day game, that's taking pitch instructions a bit too far.

We really need to rifle through them to have a chance - Chasing anything over 120 will be tough.

as 'exciting' as this has been. It's a joke of a pitch.

This will be a 3 day game, that's taking pitch instructions a bit too far.

We really need to rifle through them to have a chance - Chasing anything over 120 will be tough.

Yes

Terrible pitch hey

If Sunil Gavaskar says he's never seen anything like it....

you know the pitch is a beach when dale steyn is injured for the 2nd innings and no one flinches an eyelid. (time for VP to show his hand if he can, but ultimatley its up to our spinners  - only 14 overs of pace from the 68 india bowled - should have gone with one seamer!)

I love the way that cricket has gone from a watch TV/listen to radio experience to a varied following option.

cricinfo is wonderful, the way you get the best comments feeding into the online text commentary. i can see a paid 2nd screen experience coming in eventually, because it adds so much to the way we view it all.

Sid Monga sends this in from the ground - "Dale Steyn has a groin strain. South Africa "won't risk" him. Unliekly to bowl today at least.

geoff: "should read, 'dale steyn isn't going to bother standing in the sun after his hash just told him the spinner will open the bowling anyway.' "

geoff: "should read, 'dale steyn isn't going to bother standing in the sun after his hash just told him the spinner will open the bowling anyway.' "

brought a smile to my face aswell

last weekend at twickers

RWC%20WIN.jpg.hashed.168009ae.desktop.st

this weekend at the gabba

New Zealand trail by 399 runs with 5 wickets remaining in the 1st innings

Geoff Edwards: "Has the BCCI made a scheduling error and double booked the ground for Sunday?"

i wouldn't be surprised to see very little more from rabada and steyn. except with the bat maybe.

here's the latest betting odds.

india 3/10

south africa 3/1

so essentially india 10 times more likely to win from here on!

draw is 16/1. thats a bit unfair, unless there's rain or terrorism, draw is maybe 500/1

last weekend at twickers

RWC%20WIN.jpg.hashed.168009ae.desktop.st

this weekend at the gabba

New Zealand trail by 399 runs with 5 wickets remaining in the 1st innings

I know our fellow hubber droenn will be stoked with the state of affairs at the Gabba. Big brother being a big bully? Perhaps but the Kiwis have a decent chance to fight back through their quicks with both bat and ball.

Geoff Edwards: "Has the BCCI made a scheduling error and double booked the ground for Sunday?"

i wouldn't be surprised to see very little more from rabada and steyn. except with the bat maybe.

here's the latest betting odds.

india 3/10

south africa 3/1

so essentially india 10 times more likely to win from here on!

draw is 16/1. thats a bit unfair, unless there's rain or terrorism, draw is maybe 500/1

Interesting stat: Hash has yet to lose a test as Captain. Four draws to go with his Four wins.

As for target I think the Indians will be looking for a 350+ score to really heap pressure on us. What do you reckon?

Bowling is a bit lackluster at the moment. Not really creating anything. Pujara and Vijay are batting nicely, without much challenge.

Neat catch by Bavuma at shortleg to help Tahir dismiss Vijay. Really sharp chance, excellent reaction and brilliant one handed grab from Bavuma.