Riding around St. Lucia

DB28

Im going to St. Lucia this weekend, taking the road bikes with... anybody ridden down there? Whats it like? any good routes to suggest?

Never taken a bike there but be careful. One evening we were driving to the beach for sun-downers and came across a spotted hyena also on his way to the beach. Needless to say we stayed in the car.

Never taken a bike there but be careful. One evening we were driving to the beach for sun-downers and came across a spotted hyena also on his way to the beach. Needless to say we stayed in the car.

Serious... sjo, in JHB we look out for hi jackers in St. Lucia, Hyena's... thanks will keep my eye out for though. :)

Serious... sjo, in JHB we look out for hi jackers in St. Lucia, Hyena's... thanks will keep my eye out for though. :)

Dude be careful , the roads don't have a shoulder and the taxi's drive like crap there.

There is one main road into town and some short crap ones in town , no real loops . rather take a mtb.

Edited by Iron

agreed - its a bit wild west up in northern natal - driving and beasties. Not sure if I would be riding my bike

edit - i was thinking the park - in and around the town mtb riding would be ok

Edited by Stretch

There is one main road into town and some short crap ones in town , no real loops . rather take a mtb.

Correct. MTB should be fun. If the park rangers let you through you might even be able to cycle to Cape Vidal and back?

Thanks for the advice guys... never been out that way before so i'll take it easy and just pedal a little here and there. Will let u all know if i make it back alive on Tuesday then. Have an awesome weekend fella's! :)

Correct. MTB should be fun. If the park rangers let you through you might even be able to cycle to Cape Vidal and back?

Nooo , we go to cape vidal often and there is no way you can cycle in there. they wont let you , i have tried , something about the rhino running you down .....

Nooo , we go to cape vidal often and there is no way you can cycle in there. they wont let you , i have tried , something about the rhino running you down .....

:( Maybe take a mate with a go-pro along and sneak through a fence?

ya dude be careful where you ride, we have come across Leopards on a few accessions, more down toward Vidal though. Where about you going to be staying?

Back home! Weekend was awesome... Stayed at the flamboyant holiday flats, got to see 3 of the big 5 as well as the hippo's, croc's and plenty buck. Only managed an hour ride each day around St. Lucia town... Not really rider friendly at all, but was good none the less. Did meet 4 pom's who are cycling to Kenya from Durban though...