Good recovery drink/shake

zeepee

What's the other 98% made up of?

The 2 % refers to the butterfat content of the milk . In SA low fat contains 2 % butterfat , and full cream between 3,3 % and 4 % .

Water makes up 88 % of milk ( but milk can be tested to see if water has been added to it )

The rest is as follows ( sorry , long list ), and this is average per 100 ml for low fat 'cause I know fietsryers check their weight :

Energy - 50 kCal

Carbohidrate - 4,7 g

Protein - 3,3 g

Vitamin's A , B1 , B3 , B5 , B6 , B12 , C , D , E and K , Calsium , Copper , Iron , Magnesium , Potassium , selenium , sodium and zinc .

So , quite a meal in a glas .

Edited by Milkman

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nutrition is my field of expertise and physiology, i have a masters in clinical nutrition plus a few others, but guys i am not here to argue or fight, there ar emany schools of thought, and you are 1000% correct i dont just buy any soya, i need certification i want the source and the process, i am not knocking milk as recovery, i just in my own opinion from a lot of the research been done feel thats its suitable for human consumption, plants do have a lot of advantages aside from the protein etc, there are many minerals and vitamins which are advantageous. I think the point of this discussion is not to knock one of the other but to maybe open discussion. The common point here is and i agree whether plant, or animal whatever you are consuming the retailers are very difficult to trust.

That's better

BUT read your own earlier posts. You gave milk a big thumbs down...

Edited by Goodbadugly

That's better

BUT read your own earlier posts. You gave milk a big thumbs down...

I meant I dont feel cows milk is the best for human consumption, I just really believe its good for calves ;-).

• 3 weeks later...

I spend quite a long time in the dairy industry when living abroad, its a fact, and especially in south africa, that the hormone levels in cows r extremely high. A cow can only be milked when its pregnant, they milk cows 365 days of the year, cows r not pregnant for that long. So a lot of research has been done and if you look at the fact that RBST hormone is not any longer given to the cows it does not matter, as from generation to generation the high hormone levels have carried across. If you look at a Woolworths Milk label as an example and this one I photographed, see below. Its a very interesting statement "Free from added RBST hormone" BUT they cannot say its totally free from the hormone. Bottom line cows milk today is shocking, and it was never meant for human consumption. Goats milk, soya or rice milk from a health perspective is far healthier. Looking at the alternatives, goats milk is best, rice milk is unfortunately processed, and can be fattening, soya is the next best alternative, but soya has quite a few advantages, especially if its an isolate. It contains all the essential and nonessential amino's, no other protein naturally contains this. Also science has shown that soya contains phytoestrogens, which bind naturally to the estrogen receptors in the body and its shown to decrease the risk of cancer. As I tell my clients natural is best, we were born to live off the land, Abraham had goats in the desert NOT cows and there were no processed foods. What most people r consuming today is really a health risk, and one should always go back to basics, to keep it as simple and natural as possible. So my proteins of choice are soya or albumen, but soya comes first, I dont take anything which is an animal derivative purely because I dont trust the source of it, and i have seen with my own eyes what goes on behind the scenes. Remember guys health first.

Hiya

Please excuse my ignorance. Where do you buy Soy Milk?

Cant say I have ever looked for it.

Thanks