SASCOC & CSA meeting

Thug

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

THe governmenst push to 9 provinces only and then various sub provinces or regions is not only for cycling, but also in all other sports. It is an attempt to neaten up the administration, as each province is allocated a sport budget and each metro has a diferent budget ext. In order to allow for the allocation of these budgets at the various levels of government, the sport boundaries have to be aligned to the government boundaries. THe Gauteng province, for instance will not give either GNC or CGC cycling a cent as neither organisation represents the entire cycling population of Gauteng. THe metro of tswane may give GNC some money, but there is a small problem on the issue of the name of the union.

Government's stance is that no compliance to governance guidleines equals no release of funds to sport bodies. And CSA is responsible for governance issues for cycling..........

Government should focus on delivering basic services. They can still fund the various sporting 'provinces'/regions. They must just apply their minds. This will not happen though as the current government is focused on one thing only, namely the control of society. This they do by centralising all kinds of functions.

The only good that can come from this is that the whole crop of current provincial administrators, and hopefully national administrators will have to "re-apply for their jobs"/get fired. Unfortunately, based on what has happened at other nationalised/centralised government bodies the current crop of administrators will be replace with a bunch that is even more inept.

Don't forget south ;)

Yebo yes!

Ok so one province has three champs. Are there really three times as many semi-serious cyclists in Jhb than in the whole of the Western Cape or KZN that would be able to contend for a provincial champs?

Not stirring - only interested.

Ok I checked on our friend, Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_south_africa

Provinces' populations (I added all munis as part of province for top 10 munis; e.g. Gauteng = Jhb + Eastrand + Tshwane + Vanderbijl)

Jhb 9.6m

Kzn 4.1m

Cpt 3.5m

But, and this is not a racial issue, the 2010 midyear estimated figures for the other categories were Black African at 79.4%, White at 9.2%, Coloured at 8.8%, and Indian or Asian at 2.6%. I state this, because we know that the majority of cyclists are white.

I guess this was a bit off-topic. But we learned something.

Maybe more to the point - since CSA is, or should be, at the top of cycling in SA, we as pleps can't really make a difference there. Not now in any ase. But how about we try to support our closest cycling club which in turn is supposed to feed up to the province's organisation? For example, I'll try to attend the next PPA meeting and then from there the next WP meeting.

I see I'm a bit late for this year's PPA AGM: Notice is hereby given that the Annual General Meeting of the Pedal Power Association will be held on Wednesday 14 September 2011, at 18:00 for 18h30 at the Canal Walk Auditorium, Canal Walk Shopping Centre, but then next year. PPA's AGM information and minutes: http://www.pedalpower.org.za/about-ppa/agm/

Then when I've attended that I can start to give constructive critism if I feel PPA needs it. And then you all do that for your local clubs? I see a :thumbup: from everybody!

Maybe more to the point - since CSA is, or should be, at the top of cycling in SA, we as pleps can't really make a difference there. Not now in any ase. But how about we try to support our closest cycling club which in turn is supposed to feed up to the province's organisation? For example, I'll try to attend the next PPA meeting and then from there the next WP meeting.

I see I'm a bit late for this year's PPA AGM: Notice is hereby given that the Annual General Meeting of the Pedal Power Association will be held on Wednesday 14 September 2011, at 18:00 for 18h30 at the Canal Walk Auditorium, Canal Walk Shopping Centre, but then next year. PPA's AGM information and minutes: http://www.pedalpower.org.za/about-ppa/agm/

Then when I've attended that I can start to give constructive critism if I feel PPA needs it. And then you all do that for your local clubs? I see a :thumbup: from everybody!

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

apathy is a killer!

• 3 weeks later...

Sascoc chief in Lotto trouble‎

Times LIVE - 2 days ago

Cycling SA claimed all payments to Accelerate would come from its ... Sascoc CEO Tubby Reddy confirmed that "certain allegations" have been brought to their ...

Cycling SA told to revise constitution‎

Independent Online - 12 Nov 2011

The South African Sports Confederation and Olympic Committee (Sascoc) has called on Cycling South Africa to revise its constitution to bring it into line ...