We'll Be clearing Stock for crazy prices !!!!

CWC Online

Let's say they knocked 20% off their cost, it's still a very high mark up.

Hey, I'm in sales, and fully understand that everyone needs to make a profit to survive, I just don't believe in getting ripped off. And I'm not picking on CWC either, almost everyone that imports sells at way over what the same product costs elsewhere. Vibrams for example are $100 in the USA but cost R1500 here. Even if you take the import duties and taxes and the cost of shipping into account it is still and excessive increase in price.

With a 40% import duty on shoes, clothing 1500 zar not far off 100 usd plus duty...unsure.gif

Sometimes it's worth dumping dead stock even at masive losses to turn it into some cash for new orders. Prices like that have nothing to do with their cost.

With a 40% import duty on shoes, clothing 1500 zar not far off 100 usd plus duty...unsure.gif

Remember that the $100 is the retail price...

I have a friend who bought 2 pairs of Asics through Amazon for R200 more than a single pair costs here and he paid duties and shipping.

It's the same reason guys are willing to buy from Chain Reaction Cycles and Wiggle.

Let's say they knocked 20% off their cost, it's still a very high mark up.

Hey, I'm in sales, and fully understand that everyone needs to make a profit to survive, I just don't believe in getting ripped off. And I'm not picking on CWC either, almost everyone that imports sells at way over what the same product costs elsewhere. Vibrams for example are $100 in the USA but cost R1500 here. Even if you take the import duties and taxes and the cost of shipping into account it is still and excessive increase in price.

Ive found a site in the UK where they are even cheaper :thumbup: They were R500