Koeberg closed?

theHED

I've heard that Koeberg is closed due to a security incident or something similar. Can anyone confirm this and is there any information when it will be open again? It's the one place I can take my son and let him ride without worrying about cars... plus he gets to see a few animals.

I speak under correction, but MTB trail closure linked to maintenance shutdown of one of the reactors for security purposes.

Edited by flymango

I've heard that Koeberg is closed due to a security incident or something similar. Can anyone confirm this and is there any information when it will be open again? It's the one place I can take my son and let him ride without worrying about cars... plus he gets to see a few animals.

You're worried about cars when Koeberg is a nuclear zone? You want to grow horns on your head or extra toes or scaly skin?

You're worried about cars when Koeberg is a nuclear zone? You want to grow horns on your head or extra toes or scaly skin?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I already have horns, I was born with them... :devil:

The reason is that they are worried that the greenie bunnie huggers, who are in SA for the COP 17 (environmental) conference, will try to protest, wave banners at Koeberg, they been against nuclear power (and coal and oil, etc)

As mountain bikers we are all for the environment, its a big reason we ride, but the lunatic fringe has closed one of our rides until 12 December.

The reason is that they are worried that the greenie bunnie huggers, who are in SA for the COP 17 (environmental) conference, will try to protest, wave banners at Koeberg, they been against nuclear power (and coal and oil, etc)

As mountain bikers we are all for the environment, its a big reason we ride, but the lunatic fringe has closed one of our rides until 12 December.

epic logic fail right there.

if the bunnyhuggers only realise that the nuclear power will create more huggable bunnies.. i mean.. what's better than hugging a bunny with one head - hugging one with two heads...or even 3 fluffy tails...

• 3 weeks later...

Can anybody confirm whether Koeberg MTB is open again?

Yesterday morning it wasn't open yet. Had to settle for a breakfast at "Die Kliphuis" :thumbup:

Edited by BlinkFan

Was still closed when we got there this morning. cursing.gif Called their security center and was advised it's opening again tomorrow (14th).

• 2 months later...

Unit one was shut down last week for maintenance, only up and running in June again, can potentially be why they closed the rides.

G

Closed again. Will phone today to hear when it will re-open. Unless anyone else knows already?