MTB 1x10 setup

Konaman

Not so Drongo, if you go anywhere in Die Kaap it is up first. 32x 11x32 or 11x34 is just fine round these parts.

Biggest I would go around these parts is a 34T up front, maybe I'm a woes... sad.gif

As for chain device, if you got the tom then check out C-Sixx chain guides. They are also bringing out an XC seat tube mounted guy next year...slick!

Otherwise MRP 1x guide or E-Thirteen XCX for guide only and no roller. I think Rock Star components do a cheap one also.

1x10, I would look at 34T 11x36t

Here is my plan;

1x10

11-36 cassette

34t chain ring

e*thirteen seat tube mounted chain guide.

The big question! How do I know what crank to use? Do I use a 3 ring and only put a ring on the middle position or do I use a 2 ring crank and use the inner mount?

I'm worried that depending on spacers at the BB, that the angle will be too high and I'll get a nasty chain twist trying to use the full cassette.

Thanks for any ideas.

This is going to be put on a Santa Cruz Blur LT.

Use a three ring crank with the 32 on the centre and a bashguard/chainguide on the outer mount. Chainring will sit roughly in the centre of the cassette.

I've noticed that with only one blade up front the bottom pulley on the RD gets chewed up very quickly?

Is this par for the course?