Bicycling 24 Hour MTB Race

Dubber88

Good day Hubbers,

Feel free to post some useful info with regards to your plans for the race.

Any scenario where you wished someone told you before hand but you learned the hard way.huh.gif

If you going to be doing night riding then lights is something i wont scrimp on, bike and helmet light preferable. 1st 24hr i did i used PnP lights and had to resort to using a white stick to feel my way round the course. Choose your camp site carefully, too close to the start can be noisy if you want to sleep but you also don't want to be too far away either. One 24hr i was part of a team and we had a camp manager who ensured coffee was hot, lights were charged, bottles filled and riders were woken up for their shifts.

Edited by scotty

Make sure you and your team are on the same page. They may go to party it up all night and drink beer and you may have secret aspirations to finish in the top 10. Have a captain and work out who is riding when. Log your laps and get your captain to check with the orginisers regularly to see if you are on the same count. Have your next rider in the shute when the current rider finish a lap. Part of the next rider's responsibility is to ensure that the incoming rider checks out properly. Talk to your team mates. If you are not feeling fantastic, you must say so immediately after your lap. It gives the team captain time to shuffle the order if needed.

If you going to be doing night riding then lights is something i wont scrimp on, bike and helmet light preferable. 1st 24hr i did i used PnP lights and had to resort to using a white stick to feel my way round the course. Choose your camp site carefully, too close to the start can be noisy if you want to sleep but you also don't want to be too far away either. One 24hr i was part of a team and we had a camp manager who ensured coffee was hot, lights were charged, bottles filled and riders were woken up for their shifts.

The 'white stick' episode was that the time you were felling down at Northern Farm ;)

The 'white stick' episode was that the time you were felling down at Northern Farm ;)

hr can teach you to fell down without a white stick...

hr can teach you to fell down without a white stick...

And that in the parking lot in the day light nogal with the pedals inside out .... :lol:

And that in the parking lot in the day light nogal with the pedals inside out .... :lol:

Pffffffffffffffffffft, the pedals were correctly attached by the time of that incident. :angry: Besides, I had the excuse that i was distracted by a cute blonde… :blush:

They never did do enough tree felling for that race.

For me ,still the best course by far, that and the Logwood drop-off :thumbup:

Ah Logwood, our first ever 24hr and I had just met Dangle. Thought he was a nutter at the time doing it solo (haven't changed my mind ...)