PLEASE BEWARE OF BB29 - come forward bb29!!

Bman

Hi Guys,

More then a month ago now - around mid October bb29 put an add up for a Polar RS 800 watch he was selling.

As the add came up i contacted him via mail and he gave me his banking details and i deposited the money straight away via eft.

I sent him confirmation and he had agreed to send watch that same day via postnet registered tracking number to be provided.

I got nothing that Friday, so mailed him and got a response he didnt make it in time and would do it Saturday morning as he was flying out to America sat afternoon. I still got nothing saturday but got a mail reply saying his receptionist from work would post as she dropped him off at the airport.

he then confirmed he got a sms from postnet that item had been sent but no tracking number came through so i waited. I waited for the receptionist to send me a copy of a 2006 receipt from incredible connection and nothing.

He then got back into country and said he would sort it out and nothing!

He said that the watch had been handed into postnet, he hasnt given me any proof of a tracking number for the handed in watch though and said that they lost it somehow but would resolve.

I am still waiting after countless emails - he eventually replied saying he would do a refund and is sorry and i am still waiting for any sort of money? After calling him eventually after i got an out of office reply on my mails he said he is sorry and he had deposited the money back into my account and would send through the confirmation. That was last thursday - i have tried contacting him since with no answer and left countless voicemails! His name is Burni Brewis and his cell - 072 897 0400.

please come forward now Burni and refund my money yu have had for a month and a half!!

I have explained to him im desperate for the money to help out my mom pay her medical bills and hence selling my mtb as well t the moment! Please if anyone knows of how to proceed from here or knows the guy get him to do as he has said he would!

Otherwise be warned hubbers!

• 2 weeks later...

thanks gummibear - already had that info as all my mails bounce back now to that address how unavailable he is!! He never answers his phone, and since last Monday got his secretary involved with a few emails who then sent a confirmation of payment email from Capitec bank with his and my details on - only to call the bank after not receiving any money back and the bank confirming no payment was ever made!!

BURNI BREWIS FROM THE COMPANY ABOVE IA A FRAUD!!

He hasnt answered his phone once!! i have left countless mails!! I need this money back and more importantly want to near kill the bastard for stealing my money and dragging it on this long!!!

Can anyone please help if your in his area to stop bye? Anyone know him?

Please help guys!!

• 1 month later...

Please guys - could somebody in CT help me track down this scum bag!! he robbed me blatently and even went to the extent of sending me a false confirmation of payment!!

Just really need some money back - can anybody help me please!!

Rate him here: http://www.thehubsa....member_id=18791

LinkedIn profile: http://za.linkedin.c...brewis/5/7a/561

"Current

• Project Manager at Turner & FoxGroup"

Another LinkedIn Profile (same picture):

http://za.linkedin.c...ewis/36/466/244

Current

• Owner at Ikaya Group

Past

Education

• Intec College
  • Damelin School of Banking
  • University of Tshwane

Somebody looked for him here as well (Post edited to a blank):

http://www.sealine.co.za/view_topic.php?id=65179&forum_id=68

Seems like he plays underwater hockey:

http://sauwhf.co.za/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=userprofile&user=133&Itemid=200

Edited by HEman

From a simple analysis of his hub name... he must ride a 29er...

That should have been warning enough, not to buy from him. 29er riders make all sorts of ridiculous claims about the magical powers of their bikes... I'm pretty sure this dishonesty filters into other aspects of their lives :P

I also see that he's FB friends with Kevin Evans. They're probably quite close (being FB friends and all). Maybe Kevin can ask Burni for the watch next Tueday when they play poker together

If you have not got your money back I would say all is in order for Burni to get a good kicking...

If he has sent you some kind of proof of payment from the then I would take that to the bank and try and get a fraud case opened against him.

Sadly there are some people out there who can only understand a good kicking...!

Hey Bman

I suggest you get all your info /corrspondence etc in order and go open a case of theft / fraud at you local police station.

THEN once you have a case number - we proceed to go the S-West police station alert them taht Mr Burnie has a case of fraud open against him and he is in S-west.

(we can even track him down and alert the Police officer where to go and arrest him)

These types really pisses me off and i'll try and help uot where possible...who knows, next time it may be me that gets swindled.

BUT - your case must be water tight and go to Police first.

PM me for another snippet of info that i do not want to reveal on open forum...

good luck!

Go to the police open a case and take it from there. Goodluck, sort of the same thing happened to me once, you feel so helpless!

I Think BB29 needs some of this.. I live in Durbanville so let me know if I can help at all. Have a few friends in Gordons bay that's a bit rough around the edges :whistling:

post-6057-0-25351000-1327584158.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Did you ever get your money from this creature, think its time we all get together and teach him a lesson- he is still cheating

people out of their money

• 2 months later...

I had a similar experience with the bastard. Also was given a 'fake' proof of payment from FNB.

I would be happy to join forces to take this fraud down.

Let me know if you want to combine evidence to take this further.

Have you had any luck with getting the money out of him?

Edited by underthe