LED Lenser H14 light

Clinton1

I use a Magiclight M816 on the bars and the H7 on the lid.

I think you need both.

Damn, so what you are saying is more money! ;) I'll try the first ride with one and switch it from bars to head half way and see how it goes. They are group rides so you can probably be helped by the light from the others.

Edited by Clint_ZA

Verry happy with my H14, had the H7 but found it a bit under powered. Use it with a MJ808E on the bars.

Also use it for running, works a treat with the extension cord and the battery pack stored in my running pack.

Still have to test my lights in the forest. While I still have the time...

"Life is going to be a journey, just remember to pack disposables."

On this subject of night riding what are the opinions on head mounted versus handle bar mounted?

I just took a quick ride in the driveway and it was perfect lighting but when taking a sharp turn it did occur to me that the light only comes around to where you are headed into the corner so you cannot suss out what lies ahead. It is as bad as it seems it may be when out on the trails?

You will need both boet. :( - Dollaaars ! Eish

Been using the lid mounted P7 myself for 2 years. Excellent value and light intensity. Have used it as sole light source on night time single track rides - great adjustable beam spread. Only negative is the lack of strobe function as an alternative mode.

Also use a H/B mounted triple CREE.

Been using the lid mounted P7 myself for 2 years. Excellent value and light intensity. Have used it as sole light source on night time single track rides - great adjustable beam spread. Only negative is the lack of strobe function as an alternative mode.

Also use a H/B mounted triple CREE.

I have wondered about that strobe mode. It claims to be for self defence but I wonder if it'll really serve the purpose? No doubt it'll blind whatever is after you but what is the likelihood of getting it to that mode in a hurry.