Me and my GoPro - The Spruit

knievel

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not quite the Spruit, but here's a vid Peach made showing one of the trails on our France trip.

Shot on GoPro Chesty Mount.

https://vimeo.com/49312389

Are all the runs so wide open .... no rooty / rocky / ride into a tree kind of stuff?

Are all the runs so wide open .... no rooty / rocky / ride into a tree kind of stuff?

Nope, not at all. There are some serious rooty sections on the other trails. Us saffers don't really know what roots are until you've seen those!

As for rocky and ride into tree... plenty of that too! There's all sorts in Port du Soliel.

@Dillonk21, My 1st clip is of the same spot as your 3rd. Gotta love the bombhole!

That was fun dude!! Too scared to try that jump still.. Maybe one day when I'm big.

That was fun dude!! Too scared to try that jump still.. Maybe one day when I'm big.

The jump really isn't that bad.

If you take the drop off (on left. The one I take in the clip) and freefall down into the bombhole then you need to brake quite a bit before hitting the jump. If you just roll in your speed is fine. No pedalling even needed.

Also the jump lip is a lot tamer now than it was when that vid was taken. It was tamed down and the landing safety extended to make it more rider friendly.

So yeah, its pretty easy. You can even ride over it the first couple of times until you feel ready to give it some boost.

I took my go pro for a little spin on the Spruit the other day and edited the video on iMovie.

I think i have done a STERLING job!

What do you think?

PS: I don't need any comments about how tired i look!

knievel, good job, nice vid.... one question, how wide are your bars, they look like they are way short??? or is it just the camera?

Awesome videos chaps, great work :clap: :clap: :clap: , must say thank God for the trails in KZN though, we certainly are blessed.

Anyone else got local videos to post?

Two vids I have made

Ride at van Gaalens :

And the bike park in Fourways :