Bearings

The Drongo

If it's a Deep Groove ball bearing (although I suspect for suspension it will be a cylindrical roller bearing) SKF make the dimension you need:

W63800 - 2Z

Deep groove ball bearings, single row, stainless steel, shield on both sides

Product information

d D B C C0 Pu

10 19 7 1,14 0,57 0,025 80000 38000 0,0074 W 63800-2Z

Oh. CRED: 9/10. :thumbup:

LOL - thanks.

Spacer plan would have worked fine too though. If you have a choice, try and get the ones with the metal shields, not rubber - they seem to last a bit better against dirt.

LOL - thanks.

Spacer plan would have worked fine too though. If you have a choice, try and get the ones with the metal shields, not rubber - they seem to last a bit better against dirt.

Yep, thanks. Those are the MAX.

I am not too sure of the spacer option though. The pivot bolts are singles at this point and do not go right through both bearings. They are also situated high up in the frames, and already have a 3mm spacer on one side. Just a bit worried about lateral force, and why they would have gone with 7mm here when they use a 5mm lower down (where the bolt does go right through).

Edited by The Drongo

Yep, thanks. Those are the MAX.

No. The Max bearings have a tighter contact seal (rubber) than LLB bearings and, 30% more grease. Max bearings are designed for small oscillating movements whereas the LLBs are for rotational movements.

Having said that, no deep groove ball bearing likes oscillating movements. Hence suspension pivots that fail so quickly.

Metal seals are non-contact seals of the labyrinth type and totally unsuitable to any bicycle application.

OEM-made-for-you-by-us-so-that-we-can-sell-you-all-the-bits-you-don't-need-when-the-tiny-thing-is-worn-out

Respect.

The rest is out of my depth. Good luck!

Edited by Pain or Shine

No. The Max bearings have a tighter contact seal (rubber) than LLB bearings and, 30% more grease. Max bearings are designed for small oscillating movements whereas the LLBs are for rotational movements.

Having said that, no deep groove ball bearing likes oscillating movements. Hence suspension pivots that fail so quickly.

Metal seals are non-contact seals of the labyrinth type and totally unsuitable to any bicycle application.

:thumbup:

Respect.

The rest is out of my depth. Good luck!

Most of us generally are mate.

Just remember - RUSH SPORTS ! :thumbup: