New PPA seedings are out

stratus5

Don't you just love how things just change all of a sudden. Was 0.02 away from a B seeding and now all of a sudden 1.5 away. How does that happen. All recent races so no penalties added

I wonder if they aren't playing around with the Beta index every time they add new results. I came down by 0.2 with the Tour de PPA and Bouckeart races added - oh ja, bouckeart is 3rd best with Tour de PPA 4th best. WTF?!

Race:winner vs adjusted time

TdPPA: 2:33:43 vs 2:28:56

BSoen: 3:08:58 vs 2:59:28

Who are these guys kidding? 9:30 off the BSoen race this past weekend! The TdPPA adjustment makes my difference in time from the winner 20 minutes from 15 minutes.

Something smells of BS here. The current results are proving too good for their system so now they are penalising heaver to keep the guys generally in their seeded groups - preventing guys from moving up too much.

Edit: well they aren't playing with older seeding indexes - I went and checked previous emails that I had sent seeding updates in. The ones older than 3 months attract penalties of 1%

Edited by Tiny K

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just checked my seeding

Gone from C down to N in 3 years

I intend making it to Z by the end of the year :D

hahahaha! :clap: :clap: :clap:

So you can make the come back that much more spectacular? :w00t: :whistling:

Edited by Tiny K

Screw this! Im getting reseeded before they change their calculations again. How do i go about doing this? Just phone them and bring R50 to the next event?

From 10 down to 12.95, just inside of B,

Had 2 rides both on 6.0 and one on 0.0 and the 2 on 6.0 have jumped to 11.0 and the 0.0 to 1.0.

Weird, But anyway...

And I was hoping for a move up to A this month :(

Edited by Zac.A

Screw this! Im getting reseeded before they change their calculations again. How do i go about doing this? Just phone them and bring R50 to the next event?

Yes. Give them a call. Tell them you want to get your current seeded number upgrade. Organise them to bring it to the next event. Go to the PPA table, give them the R50 and your old number and get your new number. Easy as that. :thumbup:

From 10 down to 12.95, just inside of B,

Had 2 rides both on 6.0 and one on 0.0 and the 2 on 6.0 have jumped to 11.0 and the 0.0 to 1.0.

Weird, But anyway...

And I was hoping for a move up to A this month :(

Zac, you crooked the books anyway ;) :P

Edit: I think I must come ride some of the shorter distances and get some low numbers.

Edited by Tiny K

Zac, you crooked the books anyway ;) :P

Edit: I think I must come ride some of the shorter distances and get some low numbers.

Ya, guess so, not too disappointed, hardly use my PPA number either way...

Yes. Give them a call. Tell them you want to get your current seeded number upgrade. Organise them to bring it to the next event. Go to the PPA table, give them the R50 and your old number and get your new number. Easy as that. :thumbup:

Thanks Tiny! I'll get upgraded suck your wheel and take you on the sprint. Thanks in advance :P

Thanks Tiny! I'll get upgraded suck your wheel and take you on the sprint. Thanks in advance :P

I'll be working on my sprint in the upcoming weeks - especially on Wednesday crits :devil: Not gonna cook it in the front with the crazy dudes - does nothing for me riding the 3 1/2 laps remaining solo. :thumbdown:

Edit: I was maybe considering dropping back to D and helping 'Dale into the C bunch where he belongs ;) :thumbup:

Edited by Tiny K

Watch out for these two Wellington hardmen when the one leads out the other over the 150 metres in a future race, A-C bunch!

Edited by ' Dale

He was not riding in team kit yesterday, he was wearing his white top.

Update: he is riding for Berge Farrell. He changed into the team kit a few minutes before the start hence his white jersey before the race.

He had a hectic race. Puncture in the first 5Km, got a spare wheel, chased and caught the bunch, broke away with 20Km to go but got caught in the sprint for the finish.

Watch out for these two Wellington hardmen when the one leads out the other over the 150 metres in a future race, A-C bunch!

LOL! Yeah, I only got one Bain's ascent in on Sunday morning before the race. Woke up a little late and didn't want to miss the start of the long route. :eek:

Made it into C. You just have to sprint to the timing mats after Tiny sits up after the line. :oops: :lol:

Dont worry Tiny same thing happened to me three guys came past me before the timing mats on Sunday, why were they so far away from the Finish line?? :thumbdown:

Edited by Ceres

Made it into C. You just have to sprint to the timing mats after Tiny sits up after the line. :oops: :lol:

Dont worry Tiny same thing happened to me three guys came past me before the timing mats on Sunday, why were they so far away from the Finish line?? :thumbdown:

As far as I can gather it is because the Elites (and I guess some other league bunches) come in quite fast and in a big bunch, so the mats might not pick their chips up, whereas once they are over the mats, they spread out a little and go over the mats more 'civilised'. Well that is my take on it.

Also, for league, they normally have a camera on the line and the blue mats might interfere with the footage..... I dunno. Just speculating.

Edit: btw congrats. Lets hope the new blood will help out front and not joint the masses at the rear. LOL

Edited by Tiny K