New PPA seedings are out

stratus5

Screw this! Im getting reseeded before they change their calculations again. How do i go about doing this? Just phone them and bring R50 to the next event?

Have to go there I think

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Made it into C. You just have to sprint to the timing mats after Tiny sits up after the line. :oops: :lol:

Dont worry Tiny same thing happened to me three guys came past me before the timing mats on Sunday, why were they so far away from the Finish line?? :thumbdown:

Happened to me at another race, when I said "hey why do come racing past after the line" his response was " the race finishes at the mat"

Clot.....!!

The same type of people who don't care about holding their line....consistently want to push forward in the bunch and never does any work....most of them also litter

Edited by Niner

Something smells of BS here. The current results are proving too good for their system so now they are penalising heaver to keep the guys generally in their seeded groups - preventing guys from moving up too much.

What's wrong with doing this? It keeps the groups well spread out...

Either way, you're riding with guys that are theoretically just as strong as you are, because we all get seeded the same way.

Happened to me at another race, when I said "hey why do come racing past after the line" his response was " the race finishes at the mat"

Clot.....!!

The same type of people who don't care about holding their line....consistently want to push forward in the bunch and never does any work....most of them also litter

Yeah, they are the lot that want to sit in the front 25% of the bunch (for just in case there is a break) but somehow never actually make it to actually do some work off the front :w00t: :whistling:

Yeah, they are the lot that want to sit in the front 25% of the bunch (for just in case there is a break) but somehow never actually make it to actually do some work off the front :w00t: :whistling:

:thumbup: Correct, and then bumping you out the way :devil:

What's wrong with doing this? It keeps the groups well spread out...

Either way, you're riding with guys that are theoretically just as strong as you are, because we all get seeded the same way.

Nothing wrong with it - I would just like to see the fruits of my effort - At one point on Sunday, I was convinced I was going to get dropped. That is how much my legs were burning.

For them to take 9min30 off the winners time to make their calc's work, means that either the field is getting stronger, or the elites (and the rest of us) are getting slower.

I based an estimated seeding calc on the winners time, my time and last year's beta index of 0.96 - I got a race index of 4.95 odd. With the added time, and adjusted beta of 0.97 I got an index of 11.055 - BIG difference.

Makes it a bit demotivating.

:thumbup: Correct, and then bumping you out the way :devil:

Well I never got bumped - I sprinted from about 500m odd out. Like you say, once you go over the FINISH line, the race is finished. Don't race me to the mats and pip me in the results :cursing: I beat you. Punt klaar!

That is just going to make me practice my sprint more and drop the guys with 150m to go :devil:

That is just going to make me practice my sprint more and drop the guys with 150m to go :devil:

That's the attitude!! :thumbup:

Well I never got bumped - I sprinted from about 500m odd out. Like you say, once you go over the FINISH line, the race is finished. Don't race me to the mats and pip me in the results :cursing: I beat you. Punt klaar!

Was refering to them bumping in the bunch with 30-50 km to go .... that finish line thing is another story...why does PPA not act, surely they see these posts and can put a marchel there and cr@p on the idiots doing this at the mats ?

Or am I wrong to think that PPA wants to work for us the cyclist?

• 2 weeks later...

woop woop I am now E seed.

Hopefully a good end to Summer season and a strong Argus will get me to my target of D

Yeah!

U worked hard for that upgrade.

Nice going!

Edited by ' Dale

Not bad, they even have yesterday's Ride for Sight in there! Not sure what all of this means, as I'm not a PPA member, nor am I doing the Argus...

post-28936-0-05050600-1329148350.jpg

Winning times were not adjusted. Betas are really bad, but then these are

a.) Non-PPA events

b.) Flat races

Still not too bad. Published up-country seeding is a bit further behind than this ;)

PPA seeding is confused. I have still not ridden a race this year and my road seeding has gone from B to J to C to K and my MTB from B to K now to D. WTF??

Anybody else having trouble on the PPA website? It does not allow me to enter my ID no. (it does not highlight the entry field, can't enter data)

Anybody else having trouble on the PPA website? It does not allow me to enter my ID no. (it does not highlight the entry field, can't enter data)

Takes a while for the page to load and that field to 'surface'.