Balito Rides

canfan

I will be down in Balito the week of 16/12/2011 - 23/12/2011 and am looking for some MTB or road group rides to join. (Preferably MTB)

Any suggestions or offers??

Take your MTB, Holla trails is some of the best riding to be done.

Hubbers that side of the world incl Mackie...Cearus, maybe give them a pm, they know those trails well. :thumbup:

Take your MTB, Holla trails is some of the best riding to be done.

Hubbers that side of the world incl Mackie...Cearus, maybe give them a pm, they know those trails well. :thumbup:

+1

If you want to MTB then Holla is the answer, it's fantastic.

If you want to road ride there is a group of us that leave from the Ballito BP at 5:30. At the moment rides are tues, weds, thurs, sat, sun but will probably turn into everyday once the holidays start. There is some great road riding round here.

If you want to road ride there is a group of us that leave from the Ballito BP at 5:30. At the moment rides are tues, weds, thurs, sat, sun but will probably turn into everyday once the holidays start. There is some great road riding round here.

What distance and pace do you guys ride from the BP in the mornings?

Maybe I should bring both the MTB and the road bike. What distance do you guys normally do? I am looking at doing some nice long rides if possible.

@Caad4 and Canfan - This will be my first December living in Ballito so to be honest I don't know what shape the rides will end up taking over the holidays. The guys who have been here before over that period reckon there is sometimes quite a crowd and the rides often split up into groups of varying speeds and distances.

For those of us that live here - Tues/Weds/Thurs will normally be 45-60km, Saturday 90km-120km and Sunday 60km-90km. Most rides are at a decent pace 28-30kph, sometimes faster, but guys are pretty friendly and if people get dropped we'll wait at the top of climbs etc.

I would recommend joining. There are some great rides around here, big climbs and nice quiet roads.

Cheers

Hi guys ,

I'm doing Holla tomorrow 5:30 Maroon, can't wait. Heard so many good things about it so decided to pop the MTB on the trip down from JHB.

my first time so if anyone is keen on joining a chilled ride, see you there ;)

Hi guys ,

I'm doing Holla tomorrow 5:30 Maroon, can't wait. Heard so many good things about it so decided to pop the MTB on the trip down from JHB.

my first time so if anyone is keen on joining a chilled ride, see you there ;)

Anyone keen to ride Holla Trails tomorrow?

Anyone keen to ride Holla Trails tomorrow?

Only saw message now.... Rode this morning. Awesome ride. Think I will do red.on Tuesday

Only saw message now.... Rode this morning. Awesome ride. Think I will do red.on Tuesday

I managed to hookup with some guys this morning. Awesome trails you guys have here! I will probably ride again on Tuesday aswell.

I managed to hookup with some guys this morning. Awesome trails you guys have here! I will probably ride again on Tuesday aswell.

Which course did you do? How advanced are you? Perhaps we can make a plan to ride Tuesday (if you not too fast for me ;) )

It's a great place to ride!

• 1 month later...

Hey guys. Here in ballito for a week. What time is the bp group or any other group going out tomorrow?

We leave the BP at 530 but I don't think there will be anyone about tomorrow as a few of us are racing. Go past though - you never know. Otherwise will be riding on Tuesday at 530.