Is my light kaput(sky)?

RodTi

What your people still dont get is that all these lights, Magicshine, magiclight, whatever are all cheap nasty copies of the Tesla. Then you get the copy of the copy of the copy and so on.

http://reviews.mtbr.com/lupine-tesla-4

Uhm - no - I reckon most Hubbers know by now that it's a knock off of a knock off of a knock off... But at R500.00(?) - I was willing to take my chances...

Which is why I'm not ranting - I'm enquiring about options. thumbup1.gif

I agree with you Rod. My thinking was, even if I have to replace the battery and charger I should still end up paying less that some of the insane prices out there (hopefully the LED lasts). Seeing that I don't do 100's of night races/rides I was willing to take the chance

We have been using Magicshine lights for nearly two years. All four still going strong. :thumbup:

They have seen it all - rain, hail, heat,cold and crashes.

I agree with you Rod. My thinking was, even if I have to replace the battery and charger I should still end up paying less that some of the insane prices out there (hopefully the LED lasts). Seeing that I don't do 100's of night races/rides I was willing to take the chance

thumbup1.gif

We have been using Magicshine lights for nearly two years. All four still going strong. :thumbup:

They have seen it all - rain, hail, heat,cold and crashes.

Good to hear - do you (need to) keep them charged constantly?

Good to hear - do you (need to) keep them charged constantly?

Until we started commuting during winter they only got charged when we needed to use them. Longest period without a charge was 6 months. Since May they get charged every week (and we don't run them flat) without any problems.

So - I was stoopid...

Big thanks to Hannes Zietsman - will be picking up my lamp tomorrow - he managed to make a plan.

Battery was fine - something in the lamp kicked the bucket due to prolonged use around the braai... blush.gif

Note to self: Use a mtb light on a mtb - use the Petzl around the braai... rolleyes.gif

Will drop a line when I've chatted with him about what happened...

• 4 weeks later...

Big up to Hannes for fixing the light. Working like a charm...

As alluded to earlier - the lack of air flow (i.e cooling) around the braai basically saw me melt the lamp's innards....

Taken it out for a few early morning rides, and is working a treat!

So who actually sells the Magic Shine lights now? It used to be Brad Jackson, is Hannes now the person to speak to?